Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-07-2021, 03:31 PM   #1

Garage
Low house battery? carbon monoxide sensor beeping

Hi All,
I am a newbie. I just bought a 2004 ford E-350. My carbon monoxide sensor is beeping from a low battery. I suspect my house battery is not charging. I do not want to kill the battery. Can or should I disconnect the house battery? And how? I drove it 900 miles home; I believe the house battery was charged while driving. But now, at home, 2 days later, the carbon monoxide sensor is beeping. I have solar panels, but not sure if they work. Or if I have the correct sequence of the switch on/off. I am overwhelmed. I posted photos to help explain. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
carbon monoxide sensor.jpg   house charger.jpg   proline.jpg   inverter.jpg   under seat breakers.jpg  

fuses.jpg  

Berta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 03:38 PM   #2

Garage
First off, and important for safety, the carbon monoxide sensors have expiration dates (usually posted on the front, and normally lasting about 5-6 years) yours expired in 2007.

If 7.9 is you battery voltage, you have a problem. Are you currently plugged into shore power with that reading?

EDIT: On you Mark controller, you can slide the switch down one notch so it sits on "array current" - that would show you how much Solar is being absorbed - depending on the amount of Sun hitting the panel, you should see some voltage recording - at least you'll have an idea if its working (how much solar do you have on the roof?).

I would also suggest you flip your breakers to "off" position when you are not using the Van.
Old 01-07-2021, 03:42 PM   #3

Garage
No, I am not plugged into shore power. I can get a new sensor. after driving around the voltage is about 13.
Old 01-07-2021, 03:45 PM   #4

Sort out your electric before buying a new sensor.

7.9 is crazy low. Like you need a new house battery low. Figure out the solar. Your van should have come with a book from Sportsmobile. Read and learn it. These are fairly complicated vehicles at first but easy to live with. Also if you haven't, have a mechanic do a full inspection, especially with the 6.0 PSD engine.
simplesez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 03:47 PM   #5

Garage
Can I disconnect the house battery until I sort it out? So I do not drain it completely?
Old 01-07-2021, 04:03 PM   #6

Garage
Realistically, your battery shouldn't have gone down that far in two days (assuming solar is functioning properly and Van is parked in a location that allows a considerable amount of sun to shine on the roof)....unless you left something running - Like the refrigerator??? Is it currently on? Temp control is inside the fridge and suspect its located on the back right side. You won't hear it running at this stage, not enough power. But I would check that first.
Old 01-07-2021, 04:05 PM   #7

Garage
Also: do you have shore power close by where you can plug into it now?
Old 01-07-2021, 05:08 PM   #8

Garage
The fridge is off. the solar array current is .4. so, something is happening. not sure what the normal array current should be. the panels were covered in snow today. I just removed the snow but it is cloudy. I can plug it in. but what switches go in of off when plugged into shore power?
Old 01-07-2021, 05:27 PM   #9

Read the manual.
simplesez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 05:30 PM   #10

Garage
I wish I had the manual. I just found it on-line. this will help a bunch.