Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-13-2017, 04:09 PM   #11

Thanks, all, for the suggestions. @86Scotty, those landing pads look interesting. Might have to keep an eye out on Ebay for them!

BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 05:37 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bemerritt View Post
you could use something like these. I just used them to mount my maxtraxx to my yakima racks

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LWOIMIN?psc=1

Hi Ben,

I love this idea! Do you have a photo showing how you mounted your Maxtraxx?

Thx!
JT87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 09:11 PM   #13

Garage
I’m thinking on the same line, got these from McMaster Carr to mount on my Yakima round bars, the have a threaded 1/4-28 hole top and bottom. I’ll fab up some brackets for the panels.

Mike
Attached Thumbnails
57CC5C60-2CA6-4939-BF69-E9F6295BFF82.png  
ghetto fireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 11:59 AM   #14
GAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghetto fireman View Post
I’m thinking on the same line, got these from McMaster Carr to mount on my Yakima round bars, the have a threaded 1/4-28 hole top and bottom. I’ll fab up some brackets for the panels.

Mike
Nice! Stainless Steel? Do these fit the Aluminess roof rack bars? If so, do you have a McMaster part#?

Gar
GAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 06:25 PM   #15

Garage
Yakima round bars are 1.25 not sure about Aluminess diameter. I went with aluminum although they do list stainless but at $85 a pop.

#5878T42
ghetto fireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 08:47 PM   #16

Man, those ain't cheap! Even the aluminum and black oxide.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 01:11 AM   #17
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeH View Post
Smart Feet from the RV solar store worked pretty good for me. Yakima tracks in my case but I doubt Thule would be much different.
https://rvsolarstore.com/index.php?r...product_id=109

Another one of my contributions throughout history that I didn’t get paid for.......
That’s a pic of my panel on the site, back when I had the SMB top with Thule tracks. The original idea I brought to Randy was to mount the panel to aluminum angle spanning between the 2 tracks to avoid drilling more holes into the pop top. He ended up simplifying my idea by directly mounting the panel into the Thule tracks using his smart feet turned into a different configuration for the first time back in ‘12......you’re welcome.
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 09:37 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by REF View Post
Another one of my contributions throughout history that I didn’t get paid for.......
That’s a pic of my panel on the site, back when I had the SMB top with Thule tracks. The original idea I brought to Randy was to mount the panel to aluminum angle spanning between the 2 tracks to avoid drilling more holes into the pop top. He ended up simplifying my idea by directly mounting the panel into the Thule tracks using his smart feet turned into a different configuration for the first time back in ‘12......you’re welcome.
Hey REF. What brand of panels were you mounting to those Thule tracks? I want to do the same and was going to get the Renogy 200W kit but the panels look like they aren't long enough to span the distance of my two tracks. Thanks.
kccourtney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 10:04 AM   #19
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
Right, since that pic with that panel I’ve swapped out the SMB pop top for a CCV and now have different panels.....anyway, for that configuration with the panel mounted side/side to the rails on the SMB top, I had a Kyocera 135W. Take a look at the Renogy slim(?) I think it’s a bit longer but narrower.
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 10:31 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by REF View Post
Right, since that pic with that panel I’ve swapped out the SMB pop top for a CCV and now have different panels.....anyway, for that configuration with the panel mounted side/side to the rails on the SMB top, I had a Kyocera 135W. Take a look at the Renogy slim(?) I think it’s a bit longer but narrower.
Wow, thanks REF. You're right. They make the same kit with flexi panels that are long enough to span the tracks. Stoked!
kccourtney is offline   Reply With Quote