Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-05-2020, 06:53 PM   #1

Need new charger/inverter

Surprisingly my Prosine 2.0 is no longer working, well at least consistently. If I play around with it I can sometimes get it to work but mostly it gives me the 3073 error. So I’m thinking I need a new unit. I’m looking at a Renergy unit as I’ve been happy with their solar system I installed last year. This is the unit I’m looking at https://www.renogy.com/2000w-12v-pur...w-lcd-display/. Mainly just for occasional microwave use and my wife’s morning smoothly with a nutribullet. Thoughts? Any other unit to consider in this price range? I’d say I’m 90% boondocking but if it is really hot I’ll get a campsite to be able to run the star cool.

Thanks!

Soloracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 07:44 PM   #2
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
Don’t have experience with the Renogy inverters, but I do have their solar panels, they make nice stuff, I installed a xantrex freedom XC with a remote display, it’s worked well, and has a nice footprint, it’s a bit wider but flatter than the Renogy unit and others, making it better suited for mounting in certain build-outs, it fit nicely under my bench seat on a raised platform.

Xantrex Freedom XC 2000 817-2080 Power Inverter https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074V5JKLX..._XoV2EbG97R5JS
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 09:33 PM   #3

I like the footprint and the weight of that unit but hesitant with the experience I have had with their prosine unit.
Soloracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 06:07 AM   #4

I would go with the Xantrex Freedom XC way before going with Renogy unit. I haven't really had a good opinion of Xantrex (based on non RV stuff). In a recent conversation with an engineer from a battery company, the topic came up. He had the same initial opinion, but said they had been working with them closely, pushing design changes back into their design.

After that I did some more research and found out that they implemented Highly Accelerated Life Testing in 2012. H.A.L.T. is very robust test philosophy that when followed can provide critical feedback for the design of a product. It is a combination of temperature and vibration testing that would be perfect for a product that lives in a RV

I am impressed by that only because I know what it takes to fully implement the H.A.L.T process and the value from the result.

-greg
Scalf77 is offline   Reply With Quote