Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-15-2019, 12:06 PM   #21

Garage
I知 out also but I would love connect when I知 back. Brad 503-332-8313. I知 in Tualatin

Old 11-06-2019, 11:56 AM   #22

It would be my recommendation at this time not to update the firmware, I am working with a couple of issues that are worse than an occasional message about aux bat

-greg
Scalf77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 03:37 PM   #23

Garage
Specifics: 1998 E250 Sportsmobile, EB50 layout. 2 lead-acid house batteries. One in each rear corner of the van.

I've been chewing on this string for several days and have posted/deleted several comments. So, here goes.

1) I currently have a voltmeter-type battery monitor that came with my Aims inverter/charger.

2) The instructions for the sg200 show the shunt should be within a foot of the coach battery. Coach battery #2 is on the other side of the van (about 5' away). If I hook up battery #2 to battery #1 prior to the shunt. (Frankly, I don't know how these batteries are connected. They are connected prior to the inverter/charger.)

3) I have a portable solar system with a sidewall port at battery #1. (The panel is wired to both batteries per installation instructions.) I understand I move this wiring to the downstream side of the shunt. Correct?

4) Really dumb question....the shunt has a plastic cover, correct. It will like be in somewhat exposed in the storage area at the rear of the van.

I'll likely do the installation myself. A local rv repair shop said they will charge $130/hour to install it and they've never worked on a van like mine.

Thank you in advance and apologies if I'm incoherent.
Old 04-22-2021, 09:05 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by wander View Post
2) The instructions for the sg200 show the shunt should be within a foot of the coach battery. Coach battery #2 is on the other side of the van (about 5' away). If I hook up battery #2 to battery #1 prior to the shunt. (Frankly, I don't know how these batteries are connected. They are connected prior to the inverter/charger.)
You do need to find out how they are connected, also type and size. This will all be information needed to complete the installation. With the batteries on different sides of the van, you can only get close to one of them. I would follow the cables and see where they join , etc.
Quote:
3) I have a portable solar system with a sidewall port at battery #1. (The panel is wired to both batteries per installation instructions.) I understand I move this wiring to the downstream side of the shunt. Correct?
Yes, any direct wires going to the battery ground, will need to be moved to the load side of the shunt. The shunt is labeled battery and load side. That includes the ground to frame connection that sportsmobile made.

Quote:
4) Really dumb question....the shunt has a plastic cover, correct. It will like be in somewhat exposed in the storage area at the rear of the van.
Not really a dumb question, it is a precision resister and thus as any resister will generate heat, so you should make some effort to make sure it has some airflow, and not covered up by stuff. It will get warm especially when you are pulling current for the inverter.

-greg
Old 04-22-2021, 09:11 AM   #25

Garage
Thank you, greg. I guess I have some exploring to do.
Old 05-31-2021, 07:04 PM   #26

Any Thoughts on what is happening?
2008 Ford E 250

2 x 27 GLP 100 AHR Lifelines ~ 1 year old (not abused)

engine battery is an interstate

SG 200 w/ smart shunt and Blue tooth (updated)
Blue sea ACR with switch also
Tripp lite 2000 inverter/charger
After plugging into shore power and charging

@ 0843, 100% SOC, 100% SOH 13 V
@ 0943, 88% SOC, 100% SOH, 12.8 V
@ 1043, 84% SOC, 100% SOH, 12.8 V
@ 1152, 84% SOC, 100 % SOH, 12.8 V
Hop in, start it, and take a short run and the SOC bounces to 100% in ~ 2 Mins.
Park it, and digression back down to 84% SOC, 100% SOH, 12.8 V inn a similar fashion.

Isn't 12.8 V 100% SOC for a Lifeline?
What the heck is going on?
Regards,
BJM
Beejmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 08:19 PM   #27

New install or old install?
Old 06-01-2021, 04:27 AM   #28

Installed last year. Batteries connected for weeks after batteries spent winter in heated basement with ~ monthly charging. Tried factory reset 3 days ago due to inconsistent readings. All connections tight.
According to lifeline tech data sheet < 12.78 is a full charge.
Old 06-01-2021, 04:43 AM   #29

Seeing as you had it disconnected and now have reset it, you will most likely have go through a few charge cycles for it do get itself in sync and learn. Voltage levels are great but generally accurate with no load, and time to remove surface charge. So use it a bit, make sure you let it go thru a couple of full charge cycles, "bulk, Absorption, to float. Do you have solar?

-greg
Old 06-01-2021, 10:25 AM   #30

Acopower 120 Watt folding panel with 20 Amp controller ordered during Memorial Day sale. One of the reasons I am trying to get what I have squared away. When you refer to "full charge cycles", in your opinion, how deeply do I need to discharge for a "full cycle." If anything I probably have not been draining them deeply enough to re-calibrate the monitor.
Thanks,
BJM