Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-19-2019, 04:02 PM   #11

There was black/pink right on the outside of the loom. But I opened up the loom and toward the center was another black/pink and the that was the winner.

tnmarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 10:25 PM   #12

FWIW, I just ran a wire back from the reverse light in the back while I was running the signal cable for the camera.

It's been a few years and I don't recall the logic that led to that decision, it might have been the expedience of not having to parse the diagrams, or it might have been a conclusion after parsing the diagrams.

'99 EB ex ENG KSWB news van, low rent 4x4 conversion (mostly fixed by now), home built interior.
MadScience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 06:53 AM   #13
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by joefromsf View Post
What's an EVTM? I mean other than a FLA (four letter acronym).

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenrie View Post
Electrical and Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual

EVTM. Acronym. Definition. EVTM. Electrical and Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual (Ford)
Correct!

That name or designation is particular to Ford vehicles, can be bought brand new from a dealer for upwards of $140 each. Also found on eBay for various prices and in various condition too. They're well worth their costs IMHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnmarm View Post
So apparently, my drivers side kick panel loom, has TWO wires that are black with pink stripe. Tapped the other wire (which was deeper in the loom) and boom, thats the correct wire.

Now to find the "gray/black" vss wire they said should be in the same area.
One advantage to the EVTM's is they do show wire colors BUT also where any one wire terminates in a connector. If you can find the sought-after wire it can be double checked against the pin out location where it is inserted into a mating connector.

Another advantage is wire colors can/do change over time so the pin out is helpful there too. Also some wire colors change from one side of a connector to the other which is immensely helpful tracking some circuits.

One more bit---EVTM's tend to be particular to a given year, "close enough" is no longer good enough.

HTH
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 09:38 PM   #14

Did you ever find your grey/black vss wire in the drivers side kick panel loom?

Full disclosure, I haven't had a chance to go check the van for myself yet but I need a VSS signal for a project I'm planning so I'm trying to do my homework ahead of time.
kevman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 09:49 AM   #15

Garage
I tapped the back up lights fuse from the trailer tow circuit.