Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-04-2008, 06:26 AM   #1

No 110v power Driver's Side

O.K. I flush the antifreeze out of my system and fill with clean water. Turn on the insta-hot and it doesn't work. Remember that had this problem before and reset the GFI outside. Insta-hot works but now the outlets on the opposite side of van quit working. Have a Xantrex inverter so reset that by powering down and powering back up. Still no power to three outlets all on the same circuit. There is power to the Reefer (separate circuit) and the 110v outlets on passenger side. The breaker for the nonworking outlets appears to be OK. This has really got me stumped. No other GFI's. Could a breaker be bad? How do you test or replace these? None of those little gold 12v breakers effect the 110 outlets do they? SMB is about 5 years old but not used much. The 110 outlets were working fine up and until I tripped the GFI on the opposite side.

ibthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 08:01 AM   #2

Have you tripped the breakers that look OK? That would be my first thought.

Are you on shore power or invertor power?
Old 05-04-2008, 08:57 AM   #3

Problem Fixed!!!!!!!!!

After it got daylight here, I went out and checked the GFI outlet again and it was tripped. Reset it and noticed through the window that the power light came back on the TV. I then stepped into the van and the TV went off. Big Clue. Took the GFI outlet out and found loose wire. It must of tripped when the van moved a little. Seems to be working fine, now.
ibthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 10:11 AM   #4

glad you got it fixed. I had a similar problem where the GFI under the Gaucho went out causing the other outlets to go out since they are daisy chained. The reset button worked making it appear the GFI was good. But it wasn't. Replaced the GFI and it took care of it.

steve
Does anyone really read this stuff other than surfgeek?
cellularSTEVE is offline   Reply With Quote