Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2015, 10:45 PM   #41

Re: On my third pair of house batteries in 9 months

I wonder about load testing RV batteries.

I have had them pass the load test, but I just know they don't last as long as they should. If they pass the load test, no warranty.

And on the other hand I have had car batteries not pass the load test and still gotten a couple more years out of them.

Old 05-01-2015, 11:03 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcnick
I wonder about load testing RV batteries.

I have had them pass the load test, but I just know they don't last as long as they should. If they pass the load test, no warranty.

And on the other hand I have had car batteries not pass the load test and still gotten a couple more years out of them.
Yeah, who knows what happens when I put them back in? I never told them they were used in an RV. If they don't work out, I'll just sell them and buy higher quality batteries like I should have done in the first place. I'm gonna trickle charge both for a couple of days and order my solar panels soon.

I don't know when they started making Interstates in Mexico. The two for my SMB are clearly stamped on top "Made In Mexico". The Pro-27M I bought in Summer 2013 for my trolling motor has no such stamp, and is in perfect shape.
gcvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 10:35 AM   #43

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcvt
I don't know when they started making Interstates in Mexico. The two for my SMB are clearly stamped on top "Made In Mexico".
Blame the company for poor quality control not the ethnicity of the workers.
Old 05-02-2015, 10:58 AM   #44

Yea, only real world experience is going to tell when finding the better cheep lead acid battery.

When I bought my van used I saw the previous owner had problems with Interstate batteries. Therefor I am going to be trying the wallmart group 27 and will report how it goes.

At wally world the rack of batteries have dates on them so I am tempted to take from the back. However I wonder if they don't just change the date stamp and move them to the back.

Here is the box I made for them from a black tool box

Old 05-03-2015, 04:31 AM   #45
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapatio
Quote:
I don't know when they started making Interstates in Mexico. The two for my SMB are clearly stamped on top "Made In Mexico".
I didn't take that comment as one bit bashing ethnicity, simply an observation potentially useful to others considering a similar purchase, perhaps something to avoid so as to not repeat GCVT's experiences.

While some might be too quick assuming such comments are critical of "workers" its a known fact SOME countries of origin have higher rates of failure due poor quality at the point of manufacture while the same or similar product from the same company but different country or origin doesn't. For me repeated results that can be attributed to one factor is note worthy no matter if it is mistaken as some form of bashing--its simply stating a fact.
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 11:05 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapatio
Quote:
If you could go ahead and point out where I mentioned the ethnicity of Interstate's employees, that'd be great. I'll wait.
gcvt is offline   Reply With Quote