Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-09-2012, 05:08 PM   #1

Outside Lights

Looking for a smaller profile exterior light to replace the "amulance" style supplied by SMB in 2007. anyone have any tips for a small LED light?

Old 08-09-2012, 06:10 PM   #2
Site Team

Garage
Re: Outside Lights

SMB isn't supplying a LED replacement yet?

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 07:04 PM   #3

No. I was at the factory in Fresno on Monday and they are still using florescent and incandescent bulbs in their fixtures.

Their little accessories dept in the showroom has an outside light fixture for about $50 with an incandescent bulb and they have a LED replacement bulb for $25. I thought that was a lot for the bulb but I just looked and that's what they're going for at Superbrights.

BTW - On the factory floor, Sprinters outnumber Fords now and they also had a big - Sprinter size - Nisson 2500. It's an ugly boxy thing but roomy.
Old 08-10-2012, 06:21 PM   #4

Viejo,
Check http://www.Starlightsinc.com for a really nice LED model that is basically a plug and play for an outside patio light . I am surprised that they are not stocking the LED model at SportsMobile , they were excited about mine when I pointed them to this company .
Greggd
Greggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 06:36 PM   #5

Greggd -
The Smart Light 1000 on the referenced web page is the same hardware that SMB is selling but not with LED. It looks like the total SMB price of $75 for hardware and replacement LED bulb is in the ballpark with the $70 LED included model from StarLightsInc.
Old 08-11-2012, 05:58 AM   #6

Starlights, Inc motion sensor outside patio light is super! they also do interior LED

2010 SMB
www.xtrememobileadventures.com
Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 06:59 PM   #7

We replaced our main Flourescent with the T8-18 replacement bulb and are very pleased not only with the light output but the miserly amp draw . When we first took delivery of our SportsMobile the third task after Deaver Springs and custom Fox Shocks was to change out as many of our lights as possible to the more efficient LED's and after experimenting with a couple LED strip type options for the 18" Flourescent settled on the Starlight T-8-18 . It has allowed us enough good usable light to eliminate the use of the other under cabinet Flourescents 80 per cent of the time .
Greggde
Old 08-16-2012, 10:08 AM   #8

Viejo ,
When I introduced SportsMobile to Starlight they had planned to use the LED model so I am unsure why they are providing the incandescent bulb configuration ? Possibly an error in ordering ? I can say that our Starlight is approaching five years and working wonderfully .
Greggd
Old 08-16-2012, 10:31 AM   #9

Yes, it seems there was some misinformation in my previous post. The example in the box in the SMB showroom that I saw a week and a half ago had an incandescent bulb and was priced at about $50. When I returned last Monday it had a LED bulb and was priced at $75. The LED model is what they installed on my van also.
Old 08-16-2012, 11:50 AM   #10
Site Team

Garage

I think the question is does SMB offer an LED for the original fixture. Will the same LED used in the motion sensor light work in the early version non-motion sensor light and if so what is the part number/manufacture? And does SMB sell it?

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote