Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-25-2017, 06:43 PM   #11

[QUOTE=boywonder;212790]The stock passenger mirror drove me crazy....Objects really were way closer than they appear.......QUOTE]

So true, it took me a while to totally figure that out. I changed lanes in front of someone and thought there was plenty of room, but by the sound of his horn, I then figured out there was less than I thought at first. So, your right, each type of mirror takes some getting use to, but once I got it, each was ok. In the best of worlds, the tow mirrors would have the same spot mirror and a slightly convex main mirror. In my case anyway, that would be the best of both.... your vision may vary.

Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 07:18 PM   #12

If you want some amazing mirrors on an Econoline then figure out some way to mount Sprinter mirrors. An 07 or so Sprinter I drove for work for awhile had the best mirrors I've ever seen.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 07:23 AM   #13

Reviving an old thread. It looks like no one was able to answer the OP's question about an actual feature to fold the mirrors with power (I haven't found via google either, but I know you guys on here have tried everything under the sun).

I, too, have a tight parking spot, and the ability to power-fold the passenger would be worth some trouble.
scuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 10:03 AM   #14

MG fitted some F series power folding mirrors onto the SEMA van he built (I think it was that van). He said it was too labor intensive to be financially feasible to sell so it was a one off piece. Haven't heard of anyone else making it happen or aftermarket units.
Old 04-23-2021, 11:21 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikracer View Post
MG fitted some F series power folding mirrors onto the SEMA van he built (I think it was that van). He said it was too labor intensive to be financially feasible to sell so it was a one off piece. Haven't heard of anyone else making it happen or aftermarket units.
Yeah...not an easy swap. I've done two sets, one on the SEMA van and one on my Cummins van but I have no plans to do another.
mgmetalworks is offline   Reply With Quote