Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-24-2008, 09:04 PM   #1

Pro Clip Accessory holders

I was looking for better ways to transport I PODs and I PHONEs and a New GPS and came across this company that seems to have a multitude of these Dash mounted holding devices .
www.proclipusa.com
Greggde

Greggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 09:15 PM   #2
Site Team

Garage
Very cool. Now that I'm not real happy with Sirius I plan to load up the I-pod.
DaveB

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 09:52 PM   #3
Site Team

Neat, but I don't think I want to block my vents (some of the holders more than others). They show how easy the clips are to install, but how easy are they to remove?

I actually like to drive, and one reason I like it so much, is that it's an escape from being in constant communication.

Herb
Old 11-24-2008, 10:23 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to surfgeek33
Thanks for the link Greg! I've been looking for a decent mount for my phone and 2 way radios.

Ray

"I do, cellularSTEVE" :o)
surfgeek33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 07:50 PM   #5

Send a message via AIM to Greg In Austin Send a message via Yahoo to Greg In Austin
We have used Ram-Mount products thus far, and they keep providing good solutions. THe nice part is they have local re-sellers that you can talk to and they have product too.

We just added to mechanical suction cup window mounted addjustable holders. These were originally being looked into to hold our blueberries in a spot out of the way but where they could be easily accessed. As we liiked into it, we found that the one model would hold my wife's phone OR her hand held GPS. We set mine up with an additional quick-release so that I can hold my phone or my larger hand held GPS.

These two are addtions to our Ram-mount family that include a no-drill quick release laptop mount (that has a power supply holder and a cup-holder) and a cup-holder fleixble-neck mount for the Nuvi 350.
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (15 to 18 mpg) [Johnnie]
2012 Mitsubishi MiEV (no gas required) ($.50/day in electricity) [Evie]
https://badge.facebook.com/badge/1232...3.32047100.png
Greg In Austin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 08:38 AM   #6

I have the Ram mount and even the 4" suction cup regularly jumps off my windows with only a Garmin 76CS attached. I think it is an environmental thing (pressure, temp), but it is annoying as heck, especially if it manages to get to the floor while I'm navigating.

Otherwise I like the Ram mount, and I've been thinking about going with something more permanent for the base in each vehicle.

When I was in Cali the rental car company pushed the "nothing mounted on the window" law pretty hard. I think they use it to hard sell their own GPS unit, but I'm wondering how much of an issue it really is.
Old 11-27-2008, 12:28 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jage
...When I was in Cali the rental car company pushed the "nothing mounted on the window" law pretty hard. I think they use it to hard sell their own GPS unit, but I'm wondering how much of an issue it really is.
Just another one of the laws in California you see everyone else break and get away with, like holding a cell phone while driving, but you know you'll be the one person to get pulled over for doing it. I think the no-winshield-mounted-device law was CA's way of trying to do away with radar detectors.

FWIW, I've used a windshield mounted GPD (Nuvi 660) many times in CA and never had a problem. Knock on wood.

Herb
Old 11-28-2008, 01:15 PM   #8

Send a message via AIM to Greg In Austin Send a message via Yahoo to Greg In Austin
Quote:
Originally Posted by jage
I have the Ram mount and even the 4" suction cup regularly jumps off my windows with only a Garmin 76CS attached.
Jage,

We just got the mechanically activated suction cup, and it survived the roughest roads our SMB has thusfar seen.... for 3 days. I have that same model Garmin handheld.

I like the idea of switching the suction on and off rather than pushing and pulling it on and off.
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (15 to 18 mpg) [Johnnie]
2012 Mitsubishi MiEV (no gas required) ($.50/day in electricity) [Evie]
https://badge.facebook.com/badge/1232...3.32047100.png
Greg In Austin is offline   Reply With Quote