Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-28-2007, 10:13 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveb
Any clue on how much hard drive is used up for something like the state of California? I haven't counted how many CD's there are but I think something like 12.
Dave.
Dave,
I have all of the Terrain Navigator CD's for Texas loaded on my hard drive. There's 17 of them. The total storage space required is 3.5 GB, but it's nice having all of the maps on the drive and not having to swap CD's.

JR

Old 12-29-2007, 12:59 AM   #12

Maptech

JoeyNick

Thanks for the info..

JM
Old 03-31-2009, 05:12 PM   #13

Re: Overland Navigator

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie56
Here is an interesting GPS software package. Although it only covers Washington State for now.

http://www.spatialminds.com/Default.aspx

The TufTab tablet PC looks like it might be a nice fit for a RAM mount to the dohouse.
Hey guys. I'm dredging up a pretty old thread here but I wanted to let you know that we now have a new version of Overland Navigator out, support down to 1:24k maps for most western states (WA, OR, CA, AZ, UT, CO) and the entire US down to 1:100k.

The product installs very easily. The software and the maps install with point and click Windows installers. Once loaded, you tell Overland Navigator which port your GPS is on, and you are ready to go.

Here's a short YouTube video that goes over the various features.

If you have any questions about the product or suggestions on how we can make it better, please let us know.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:51 PM   #14
Site Team

Re: Overland Navigator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spatialminds
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie56
Here is an interesting GPS software package. Although it only covers Washington State for now.

http://www.spatialminds.com/Default.aspx

The TufTab tablet PC looks like it might be a nice fit for a RAM mount to the dohouse.
Hey guys. I'm dredging up a pretty old thread here but I wanted to let you know that we now have a new version of Overland Navigator out, support down to 1:24k maps for most western states (WA, OR, CA, AZ, UT, CO) and the entire US down to 1:100k.

The product installs very easily. The software and the maps install with point and click Windows installers. Once loaded, you tell Overland Navigator which port your GPS is on, and you are ready to go.

Here's a short YouTube video that goes over the various features.

If you have any questions about the product or suggestions on how we can make it better, please let us know.
I almost split this response into a new topic because I think it deserves one, but it is in direct response to a prior post, so I'll leave it here. Another dedicated post might make it easier to find however (hint, hint).

One minor nit-pick. On the YouTube video clip, when the operator zooms out, the location pointer looks like it stays centered, but the map position appears to shift somewhat. Even though I'm an electronics engineer, I must be way behind the times. I have about the most basic handheld GPS unit ever made (base model Garmin eTrex), and I hardly ever use that.

Herb
Old 03-31-2009, 10:07 PM   #15

Re: Ranger navigation system

I use a DRS Tactical Hammerhead Xtreme Tablet mounted to a Ram Mount that bolts under the Passenger seat base. I have it on a three arm set so that I can swing it directly to the rear. I use both iGuidance and DeLorme Street Atlas (and thier Topo software as well)and it works great. It has a 1.1ghz with 1g ram and a 64gig SSD so is waterproof to 15ft as well as basicly Vib proof as well. I also use this on the Bars of my ATK Adventure bike as my GPS as well.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:14 AM   #16

Re: Ranger navigation system

Herb,

Thanks for the reply. We have an official Overland Navigator 2.0 press release coming out tomorrow or the next day. I'll try and put together a post with the press release, photos, and YouTube link then.

The map stays cented when zooming out. The GPS location may have changed during zoomout. We only recenter on the GPS location when it nears the edge of the topo.

Craig