Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-05-2020, 08:53 AM   #1
Spr

Ravelco in a VS30 Sprinter

Has anyone had a Ravelco installed in a 2019 or 2020 Sprinter? My guy out here hasn't done one yet, He is checking their internal system to find someone that has. I figured I would check in with you guys (and gals) to see if anyone has a contact that installed one on their van. I kind of hate beeing the first so it might be nice to set something up with someone that can do it along our travels.
If so and you can send over their contact it would be greatly appreciated

Old 10-05-2020, 11:39 AM   #2

Garage
I had mine done - E350 - at this place. Took a few hours and works great:

https://www.ravelcooftherockies.com/

Ravelco has a page to find a dealer in your area:

https://www.ravelco.com/dealers.html
Old 10-05-2020, 02:37 PM   #3
Spr

I had one in my Econoline as well that was installed out here. My guy has never done a newer sprinter though. Looking for someone that has had their sprinter done.
Old 12-02-2020, 07:28 AM   #4
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
I had mine done - E350 - at this place. Took a few hours and works great:
Old thread I know but where was the working end or "head" of your Ravelco placed Otter?

I'm about to DIY my own 2005 E350 and thought of sereral places with a minor concern for ease of access for me.

TIA!
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 06:16 PM   #5

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWA View Post
Old thread I know but where was the working end or "head" of your Ravelco placed Otter?

I'm about to DIY my own 2005 E350 and thought of sereral places with a minor concern for ease of access for me.

TIA!
If you mean the round key, it’s attached just to the lower left of my steering wheel. Beyond that, no clue.
Old 12-03-2020, 09:26 AM   #6
JWA

Quote:
If you mean the round key, it’s attached just to the lower left of my steering wheel. Beyond that, no clue.
Thanks Otter---the key is what I called the head.

I'll be adding one of those DIY to my E350 and probably locate it in the factory seat base facing towards the back and somewhat out of view to the typical theif.

It won't be the easiest location to use but as its a one-time thing certainly not that big a chore.

Thanks again!
Old 12-03-2020, 11:26 AM   #7

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWA View Post
Thanks Otter---the key is what I called the head.

I'll be adding one of those DIY to my E350 and probably locate it in the factory seat base facing towards the back and somewhat out of view to the typical theif.

It won't be the easiest location to use but as its a one-time thing certainly not that big a chore.

Thanks again!
If I have a chance tomorrow, I’ll post a quick photo of it. I took a different psychological tack... It’s right where you can see it as you enter the driver’s side. Thought it might serve as a “don’t even bother trying to start this vehicle” warning. Who knows? But I definitely feel more secure about leaving it at trailheads and such.
Old 12-04-2020, 09:38 AM   #8
JWA

Quote:
If I have a chance tomorrow, I’ll post a quick photo of it. I took a different psychological tack... It’s right where you can see it as you enter the driver’s side. Thought it might serve as a “don’t even bother trying to start this vehicle” warning. Who knows? But I definitely feel more secure about leaving it at trailheads and such.
I go somewhat the opposite direction, have probably known too many crooks who openly admit such signs are more of a challenge than a deterrent.

I'd rather they get to far and after struggling a bit to get it running become frustated and run off.

It does occur to me once they're inside the front opening the hood they might have an easy time silencing the alarm siren---its under the degas bottle currently. Come warmer weather I might re-locate it further out of reach hoping to slow them down that much more. The screaming noise might not distract them but it would hopefully alert others.