Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-02-2022, 10:43 AM   #11

And to be clear here. What daveb is saying is true, if you have all the switches in the correct position, Starcool AC breaker on, Thermostat cool set and at the correct temperature, Starcool On, If you turn on the inverter, it will try to supply AC power to the Starcool compressor and trip itself, (2000 watt inverter).

What I am saying and the schematic is saying is if the van is running that this should be isolated prevented from happening, as there is no voltage to the input of the cool input on the thermostat.

That said if the van is running and you have the inverter on for other reasons, if the beaker and thermostat is in the correct settings and you turn of the van, but not Starcool , you will see the inverter trip. So it is still very important to make sure the thermostat or Starcool AC breaker is off.

Now if your SMB's Starcool was being wired up around Beer-thirty on a Friday, it is possible that they forgot that they did not tighten the wires going to the Starcool Relay panel on Monday.

I wish just shutting down the inverter was my only issue. Unfortunately for me the same crack electrical team wired the Surepower Separator wrong, so that the device that should have prevented that electrical surge from causing damage to the the Van electrical also didn't work correctly. This caused my van to be at a Ford dealer for about three out of eight week trip as the PCM was replaced at three times.

-greg

Scalf77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air conditioning, starcool