Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-13-2021, 08:46 PM   #1

Robert Shaw Thermostat Danhard Airconditioner

Has anybody replaced the Robert Shaw thermostat that Sportsmobile West installed for the Danhard airconditioner

I’m having problems with the thermostat not staying in the ON position. When I turn it on sometimes I get the code E2. Sometimes when it’s ON it toggles OFF. If I close the thermostat panel or even the drawer below it can cause it to go to the OFF position.

Once I reset the switch to ON and it toggles through (about 2 minutes) it turns the air conditioner ON. Therefore I don’t think it’s anything to do with the air conditioner. I think it’s just a faulty thermostat perhaps the wiring.

This has been an issue since I first bought the van . It would happen occasionally but now more frequently. Just putting pressure on outside of the panel can cause it.

Anyway I was able to buy the exact same thermostat and I’m wondering if anybody has had to replace theirs.

Specifically do you have to turn anything else off. Is it just simply some wires like other thermostats?

Any insight helpful.

Fremebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 06:28 AM   #2

Not sure about the Danhard, but Starcool was just a couple of low-voltage wires and easy.
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 08:42 AM   #3

The first question is have you changed the batteries? You might try changing batteries and hit the reset button to clear memory.

The unit should have three wires one for power, that is shown going to RH and then 2 other wires to control Y - Cooling and G - Blower. The fact that you are seeing issues when touching the unit or the drawer below would make you question the connections or unit itself

I would find the model # for the thermostat and try to find the manual online, as their are numerous possibilities out there. Generally Robert Shaw has a contact number if you are seeing issues.

-greg
Scalf77 is offline   Reply With Quote