The van was independently built. There is no special switch for the stereo. Just an aftermarket Kenwood that is hooked up in the typical fashion with the addition of a back up cam wired into it. So the issues are.
1. Radio does not turn off when key is pulled from ignition with ignition in off position.
2. I can enter my van and turn on the radio without the key in the ignition.
3. If I have a podcast, Pandora etc running on my phone, my stereo will power on and pickup the bluetooth signal and start playing. This is when the stereo has been manually shut off when exiting the vehicle previously. And no key in ignition.
4. May or may not be related but it started about the same time. The seat belt chime goes off every 30 seconds or so and as if the seat belt is not engaged. I ended up pulling the wire.
5. Yesterday I plugged a 12 volt male into my accesorry 12 volt receptacle and the stereo went to start up mode. Basically erased all presets, time and wanted me to do the initial start up procedure.
I am perplexed.