Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-11-2011, 10:16 AM   #1

Tracvision KVH TV

Could someone in SC with this system please contact me? Thanks RD

dowgars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 10:49 AM   #2

Re: Tracvision KVH TV

In this case, I'm going to guess SC means Southern California, not South Carolina.

Mike
2012 E250 Hitop camper
Ford_6L_E350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 11:50 AM   #3

Yep: I'm in Fullerton. I've had almost no usage out of this thing in two years and I need to know if it's the antenae or the receiver. I spent $150 yesterday and then rep couldn't even tell me which unit was bad. $4000 originally spent plus monthly. If someone has a unit I would like to run a bypass cable from their antenae to my box. Would only take a few minutes.
Please no nonsense about why TV when camping. RD
Old 10-13-2011, 12:16 PM   #4

Hi there,

I work at KVH and we'd like to assist. Please contact our support team at 401-847-3327 [corrected 10/17/11; original post included a typo in this #], or e-mail techs@kvh.com with your contact information, the serial number of your antenna, and the current symptoms you’re exhibiting.

Thank you,
Nicole
NicoleAtKVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 05:54 PM   #5

I talked to your company and you tried to help over the phone more than once but could not solve the problem. Two expensive techs could not help even when communicating with you from my van. You only allow full systems to be sent to you for repair. No repair by tech's in the field. This has and is costing me a fortune even though I had a history of reporting problems to you and even a case number during the warentee period. I have had a bad system from the beginning and am currently spending a fortune on it. So far I've spent about $500 per hr. of use. The system is currently off the van on it's way to KVH with a high quoted minimum repair fee. This week alone I paid $280 to two tech's recommended by your web site. The 2nd one seems competant. The first one charged me $150 and didn't even have any test equipment. He just called you and did what I have tried with the techs before. The 2nd one did have equipment. Some of them are out of business ( Autosound). Just reporting the facts. Costs so far about $4300 and a quoted $280.00 plus shipping both ways just to open it up. Plus parts and labor. RD
Old 10-17-2011, 08:04 AM   #6

Hi there,

I apologize for the difficulty you've experienced. We can certainly understand your frustration, and would like to better understand the circumstances surrounding your system so that we can rectify the situation. Could you please contact KVH Support at 401-847-3327 [corrected] and ask for the Support Supervisor? He is aware of the issues noted below, and wants to review the details with you. However, we do need a little more information than what is available in this thread to identify and address your case.

Thank you,
Nicole
Old 10-17-2011, 09:25 AM   #7

I will contact him today.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:11 AM   #8

Very funny Nicole@KVH. Friends following this note: that number is for the Newport Harbor hotel and a tape say's "closed for the incoming hurricane."
Old 10-17-2011, 10:17 AM   #9
Site Team

Got this from the KVH website. I knew that area code was familiar (Newport, RI area):

50 Enterprise Center
Middletown, RI 02842-5279 USA
Phone: 401.847.3327

Looks like Nicole typed 848 vice 847.

Herb
Old 10-17-2011, 10:18 AM   #10

Oh my goodness... my sincerest apologies, there was a typo in the prefix of that contact number. Our telephone number is 401-847-3327, not 848. Complete KVH technical support contact info is available here: http://www.kvh.com/Support/Contact/Cust ... pport.aspx
The supervisor you are looking for is named Charlie.

Nicole