Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-17-2012, 06:12 AM   #1

TrippLite Powerverteres

Need some good advice on the above product. I am about to order an inverter which will be connected to 2 AGM batteries in parallel. I will be running a microwave for very short periods of time. The only other use will be to power my Ipad when online or listening to tunes and to charge my Iphone.

I went to Amazon to reads reviews and came away confused. Some reviews were highly positive and some were totally negative. Several stated that the product had serious malfunctions and ceased to work completely. Customer service was terrible.

I know some of you use this product so before I invest $400 plus batteries I would love to know your experience.

Thanks,

jjtwister

Toyo AT 2's 285/R75-16's
1959 Chevy Apache Hot Rod
jjtwister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:55 AM   #2

Re: TrippLite Powerverteres

It would be good to post the model number of the tripplite you are looking at.

I have the standard tripplite RV1512UL that came with sportsmobiles in 2004. I have had no real issues with the unit. I have only had one contact for support and that was for the panel for the remote option ( the panel was not used in the sportsmobile installation) I was sent one for free.

Two things to look for are the inverter specs, you want to make sure that it will meet your expected load, which looks like a microwave will be the big item.

The second thing to look at are the charger specs, this could be the most important part as it could impact the life of your battery investment. If you post the model I will be happy to review the spec and try to point out the pros's and con's.

Greg
Scalf77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:24 PM   #3
Site Team

Garage
Re: TrippLite Powerverteres

I just want something that can handle rough conditions. If I were to do it all over, I'd look closely at Magnum and Outback. Zantrex has became so poor with their service I would no longer purchase from them. The way I understand it Zantrex had workers bail and go to Magnum and Outback a few years ago. I really like the look of how Outback inverters have come along.
One other thing, I wish I had an inverter that would handle the microwave and a much smaller backup inverter. I might install one someday or just pack one that can plug into a 12v outet.

I've also heard pros and cons with Tripp Lite but have never dealt with them.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote