Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-25-2023, 12:22 PM   #1

Trouble Adding Keyless Entry Keypad

I purchased a keypad off ebay, part number KB3Z-14A626-A. According to Ford and Tasca, this particular model is compatible with E-series vans from 07-15.

I can put the van into "keyless remote programming mode" and successfully pair my current two remotes. I can also successfully set a PIN on the wireless keypad. But I can not get the keypad to pair with the van. I have confirmed that both the remotes, and the keypad are transmitting at 315mhz. According to other instructions I should be able to pair the keypad by simply pressing the "9-0" button to lock.

I'm looking for anyone that has had success with this particular model keypad, or has a solution for similar struggles. I do have access to Forscan but I haven't see a way to manually add a "keyfob".

The_Vermonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 10:30 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Vermonster View Post
I purchased a keypad off ebay, part number KB3Z-14A626-A. According to Ford and Tasca, this particular model is compatible with E-series vans from 07-15.

I can put the van into "keyless remote programming mode" and successfully pair my current two remotes. I can also successfully set a PIN on the wireless keypad. But I can not get the keypad to pair with the van. I have confirmed that both the remotes, and the keypad are transmitting at 315mhz. According to other instructions I should be able to pair the keypad by simply pressing the "9-0" button to lock.

I'm looking for anyone that has had success with this particular model keypad, or has a solution for similar struggles. I do have access to Forscan but I haven't see a way to manually add a "keyfob".
Dont really know specific answers but maybe this will help somehow. I had the Ford dealer do mine. The 2008 E350 came to me with one key fob. I asked my dealer to get me another key fob and also add a keyless pad to mount on the 60/40 door. Here is a pic of the parts packaging. I know they got the wrong keyless pad initially and even struggled slightly with set up (Forscan) but here are the P/N s i ended up with. Part of the Ford part number is identical to the part # you called out above. Cost me $100 for the pad and about a hour labor.
Also the 2021 Ford accessory catalog shows the pad available for the E350.
Attached Thumbnails
Keypad info.jpg  
2019 Yeti SB130 Turq Race X01
Steve Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 12:52 PM   #3

I bought a similar keyless entry pad that was supposed to be compatible with my 2013. Despite many attempts including the dealership, we were not able to make it work.

Try the dealer, good luck
Oogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 11:05 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oogs View Post
I bought a similar keyless entry pad that was supposed to be compatible with my 2013. Despite many attempts including the dealership, we were not able to make it work.

Try the dealer, good luck
I had read that others struggled with aftermarket pads so that's why i just got Ford dealer to provide pad and install. VERY useful when doing activities out of the van with multiple people. Worth the money easy.
Old 03-29-2023, 08:41 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hunt View Post
Dont really know specific answers but maybe this will help somehow. I had the Ford dealer do mine. The 2008 E350 came to me with one key fob. I asked my dealer to get me another key fob and also add a keyless pad to mount on the 60/40 door. Here is a pic of the parts packaging. I know they got the wrong keyless pad initially and even struggled slightly with set up (Forscan) but here are the P/N s i ended up with. Part of the Ford part number is identical to the part # you called out above. Cost me $100 for the pad and about a hour labor.
Also the 2021 Ford accessory catalog shows the pad available for the E350.

I appreciate the details. I googled your part number and it appears to be the previous version of the keypad I have, which is why they share most of the part number. On the Amazon listing for your keypad there was a comment that the new version (my keypad) has 2 communication protocols and if it doesn't work with one, you need to switch it to the other. I found a PDF with the instructions to change the communication protocol on a Transit forum. It appears they also have issues with the newer version of the keypad. I attempted to make the change, but I'm not 100% confident I was able to make the correct change. My keypad responds differently than the instructions say it should.

So it's not a full solution, but it feels like a step in the right direction. I'll keep exploring and see what I can find.

Unfortunately, on the Transit forum there were hundreds of posts and most said that their Dealers were zero help. That echos my experiences where I can't even get basic help ordering parts from the dealer. I ordered brakes from one dealer online and after a week of no update I called and was told "not to order online because I don't know how to get the correct parts", a few minutes later I got an email that my order was canceled and would be refunded. So I tried another dealer and their parts department was unable to do anything with out a VIN. I told him I had a Quigley with a solid front axle and he said "That's not possible on a E series".

So I'm not going to rush out and give either of them any money at this point.
Old 03-29-2023, 09:42 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Vermonster View Post
Unfortunately, on the Transit forum there were hundreds of posts and most said that their Dealers were zero help. That echos my experiences where I can't even get basic help ordering parts from the dealer. I ordered brakes from one dealer online and after a week of no update I called and was told "not to order online because I don't know how to get the correct parts", a few minutes later I got an email that my order was canceled and would be refunded. So I tried another dealer and their parts department was unable to do anything with out a VIN. I told him I had a Quigley with a solid front axle and he said "That's not possible on a E series".

So I'm not going to rush out and give either of them any money at this point.
In spite of the 4x4 converters saying its all Ford parts and your dealer has the parts , the knowledge, the experience etc etc I seriously feared your experience since you can't even get ATF or something over the Ford counter without a VIN #. When i got my van I went to my Ford dealer and sat with the Service VP, took my list of all the added Ford parts and told what the whole deal was. In that same trip I told him I wanted to schedule Coolant flush, ATF flush, oil and filter also had them replace a few cosmetic parts. A different trip for the keyless pad on purpose. I would normally do all that stuff myself but I was trying to get established and hope they would take a interest in a unique vehicle instead of acting like it was an abomination. They did try to lay down on me once relative to a evap code or something one time and wanted to blame the none stock fuel tank (no no its the original Ford tank just shortened a few inches for the transfer case) After a few phone calls with me that were not heated but certainly warm, they stay engaged and just fixed it rather than looking for excuses. I know its a costly decision but I don't order Ford stuff on line, I use the same local Ford dealer cause i know I'm going to need him to step out of his programmed robot box from time to time. I always say hello to the service mgr and Service VP. Its a little bit of a pain. They certainly recognize the van so that's good.
Old 04-02-2023, 10:01 AM   #7
GWB

Keyless entry

Installed one on 2014 but could not change passcode, ended up keeping the preset one
Just double check that the original setting might still be active and functioning.
GWB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 12:42 PM   #8

Well after setting this project to the side for a little bit, I took another swing at it today and got it working. The frustrating part is that it was a simple mistake in the instructions that came with the remote. I found a different set of instructions, followed them to a T, and it worked the first time. So for anyone else looking to do this, I'll share the instructions below.

This is for part KB3Z-14A626-A. I'm going to simplify the instructions a little bit.

1. Press and hold 1/2, 3/4, and 9/0 buttons simultaneously for at least one second
2. Enter the master code
When the proper master code is entered the 9/0 button will flash a pattern that corresponds to the current protocol set:
• One flash per second for "Communication Type 2".
• Three flashes per second for "Communication Type 1" (Default).
3. Press the 1/2 button to change the protocol to "Communication Type 1" (Default).
4. The light should blink 3 times
5. press the 5/6 key to confirm your selection and exit programming mode.

The above steps are simply to confirm that the keypad is using the correct communication protocol.

For the next step you will need all Key Fobs, The Keypad, and a key.

1. Lock, unlock, unlock with a key fob to make sure all doors are unlocked.
2. Leave the Driver's door open.
3. Insert the key. Turn to On, then back to Off, 8 times. On the 8th time, leave the key in the On position.
4. The doors will lock and unlock to let you know it is in "key fob programming mode"
5. Push the unlock button on each Key Fob. After each press the door locks will cycle to confirm the entry.
6. Pres the 7/8 and 9/0 buttons on the Keypad simultaneously. (This was the step that was incorrect on my instructions) The locks should cycle to confirm the entry.
7. Turn the key off. Again the locks should cycle to confirm programming.
9. Test all Key fobs and the Keypad.

See the rest of the instructions for programming your own personal passcode.

The instructions can be found here http://www.fordservicecontent.com/fo...d_7_9_2015.pdf
Old 09-13-2023, 02:16 PM   #9

I just had this same issue. I returned one keypad that I couldn't get to mate to the transit and replaced it with the same part number from a different seller on amazon. Worked great the second time.
Grampswrx is offline   Reply With Quote