Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-17-2016, 01:10 PM   #21

looks great. I like the pointed downward duallys. Ive never thought of that before.

Old 04-17-2016, 01:38 PM   #22

How's the first image now?
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 02:04 PM   #23

First one is normal now.
gcvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 07:34 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixCardCharlie View Post
looks great. I like the pointed downward duallys. Ive never thought of that before.
Handy for obstacles, or traffic.
Old 04-17-2016, 07:52 PM   #25

Garage
Sealed beam projector retrofit for output comparison. Image is low beam only, customer did not send a high beam photo.

Scott
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1779.jpg   20160404_201735.jpg  
REDOVAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 09:39 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDOVAL View Post
Sealed beam projector retrofit for output comparison. Image is low beam only, customer did not send a high beam photo.

Scott
Yeah, looks good, but I don't think a single image is particularly useful. That's why I took a series of pictures, in particular comparing the truck-lites to a 38" rigid. So much depends on location and camera and camera settings, it's comparing apples to oranges.
Old 04-18-2016, 08:46 AM   #27

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rallypanam View Post
Yeah, looks good, but I don't think a single image is particularly useful. That's why I took a series of pictures, in particular comparing the truck-lites to a 38" rigid. So much depends on location and camera and camera settings, it's comparing apples to oranges.
Fair enough, here is a shot of my HID retrofit on high with a 24" led bar in the bumper at 55mph offroad. Definitely not trying to start anything, I just like vehicle lighting and strive for better products with better output. I think the Truck Lite units are great for those who don't want to mess with the HID stuff. It's always nice to have options!

Scott
Attached Thumbnails
20151023_191255.jpg  
REDOVAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 12:41 PM   #28

Garage
Thanks for posting rallypanam.
I was thinking of these Truck-Lites after going to Accrete's website and checking out his Chevy. They look pretty great in that thing. Then I saw this thread, funny how that works out.

LED as a light source makes sense to me, if they can be configured to perform well in the desired application. More light less heat, and heat is the destroyer of just about everything. I like the color temperature of the emitted light, and the cut-off topper for oncoming drivers. I personally hate getting blasted by bright, unadjusted headlights. These seem pretty good for a simple plug and play. Are you using the 27450C HeadLamp?
2000 4Runner Limited 4WD

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
skyrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 12:52 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyrat View Post
LED as a light source makes sense to me, if they can be configured to perform well in the desired application. More light less heat, and heat is the destroyer of just about everything. I like the color temperature of the emitted light, and the cut-off topper for oncoming drivers. I personally hate getting blasted by bright, unadjusted headlights. These seem pretty good for a simple plug and play.
I'm happy, they're easy, reliable, light is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyrat View Post
Are you using the 27450C HeadLamp?
Yes, I've got those. They seem to have recently updated their design a bit; I actually ordered two, one got lost in the mail, so I ordered another, then ended up with two different ones.. so had to return one and order another, but now have two of the newer ones.. This is why you might see slightly different images out there on the web.
Old 04-18-2016, 01:08 PM   #30

Garage
Thanks rallypanam, I was wondering about that, I was sure someone was using the wrong image, but it was probably just the previous version.
Just bought a set from my local NAPA auto parts on the phone. They will be there in an hour and a half. I hope to have them in by tomorrow. Sweet!
2000 4Runner Limited 4WD

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
skyrat is offline   Reply With Quote