Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-09-2021, 06:07 PM   #161
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilnuts2 View Post
Ref, is that all you do for anti theft?
Maybe not a question to answer in public.

Herb

Old 11-11-2021, 04:39 PM   #162

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngster View Post
Very good points.
...the real concern is when replacing a non-starter relay it can inadvertently be switched open when driving, turning critical systems off in the van until switched closed.
I just talked to the owner of Cyclops, he was super helpful.
For the pre-2008, gas, E-Series vans the PCM relay is replaced with the Cyclops relay. I ask directly if his modified relay could be activated (dead van) while driving. His response was NO, the relay is designed to know the van is running and the relay circuit kept closed until the ignition is turned off, at that point it activates after 30 seconds.
Youngster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 08:19 PM   #163

Garage
After following this thread for the last 2 months, and evaluating the options that have been put forth regarding anti-theft devices, i pulled the trigger on a Ravelco plug which will be installed tomorrow. Although I also have a tracking device in the van, the fact that we will be in the Los Angeles area for Thanksgiving made up my mind for me. The installer is coming tomorrow.
Sorry if I offended those of you in SoCal. Hey, I had the van in a locked security lot when we were in Brooklyn this summer. I play no favorites....

2019 Transit 350 HR Eco Quigley 4X4
“Vandemic”
Charliesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 03:09 PM   #164

The Cyclops TAM instructions read as a normally close relay, coil powered up during Arming. It has a manual and proximity mode. On the 6.0 they recommend the PCM or the Starter relay. Will see how long it last, keeping the takeoff handy…. A five minute install and another layer of protection.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 03:12 PM   #165

Van theft has become epidemic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
The Cyclops TAM is a normally close, coil powered up during Arming. Is has a manual and proximity mode. On the 6.0 they recommend the PCM or the Starter relay. Will see how long it last, keeping the take of handy…. A five minute install and another layer of protection.

I wish they offered a PCM replay for my 06 E350 5.4. The packaging specifically says bit to use it in the PCM spot.

I just really like the idea of it cranking but not starting.
BlunderBuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 06:41 PM   #166

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliesmom View Post
Sorry if I offended those of you in SoCal. Hey, I had the van in a locked security lot when we were in Brooklyn this summer. I play no favorites....
SoCal, LA, Miami,Detroit, New York…..Doesn’t matter, crime, basketball or MTB racing…..“you are what your record says you are”
2019 Yeti SB130 Turq Race X01
Steve Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 07:18 AM   #167

In Tennessee we just steal hearts......except when we smoke meth. Everyone needs a hobby.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 09:17 AM   #168

Greetings -- I purchased a Ravelco set up off of an "oversupplied" web site recently - even though I just had one installed by a certified installer in mid TN about 2 weeks ago. My install cost $600 for the certified tech to install - but I only paid $ 100 bucks for the "oversupplied" place.

I really can't see any diff in the two devices/kits - the $100 kit came with 2 male dongles - orange "Ravelco Anti Theft Device" mail-in card to apply for additional male dongles - and in a box labeled "Ravelco.? This was not off Ebay - but from a business in Colorado.

Glad to sell it for the $100 - plus Priority shipping with tracking. If you have any interest let me know. I'm guessing you have the experience to install - or know someone west coast (?) near you that could ?

i can send photo(s) to your email - I've not been able to figure out how to send photos on the forum ?? So PM me if interested. I'm just trying to help SMB owners out there - not trying to cash in - so that's why selling at my cost.
doublevan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 09:41 AM   #169

Oops - forgot info on where purchased -- at "Repurposed Materials" -- Brighton, CO.

PM me if interested --
doublevan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 09:49 AM   #170

Garage
That’s a deal for sure.
FYI my official card is yellow, not orange. Sent it off to Texas last week to get an extra dongle after the install.

2019 Transit 350 HR Eco Quigley 4X4
“Vandemic”
Charliesmom is offline   Reply With Quote