Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-18-2019, 04:35 AM   #1

Water pump shut off?

We acquired a 2002 Ford E250 Sportsmobile recently that's in fantastic shape. We must have inadvertently turned on the water pump and now cannot determine how to shut it off. For now we removed one of the cables from the battery terminals to shut it down. Any ideas where the power switch might be for the pump so we can shut it off properly? We haven't been able to get in touch with the prior owner unfortunately. Thanks in advance...

jjtbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 06:36 AM   #2

Garage
Mine has a switch on the wall near the sink but I don't have a bathroom. On some travel trailers I've seen them on the side of the cabinet the sink is mounted in. Normally these pumps have a pressure switch that turns them off so that they don't run continuously, so you might have a pressure switch that has gone bad or a check valve not sealing so that it doesn't trip the pressure switch. There should be a switch somewhere though. Earlier this year my pump was cycling every two or three seconds so I had to use the switch to turn it off. It had gotten a small particle that had made it through the filter on the pump and lodged in the check valve. Luckily cleaning out the valve fixed it and I didn't have to replace it.
wanderers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 07:45 AM   #3

Garage
On my 2001 with the RB50 plan, the pump's power switch is located below the sink and above the cabinet that has the pass-through garbage door.
Old 08-18-2019, 10:01 AM   #4

Garage
Cant imagine yours is located anywhere other than close by the faucet, it just makes sense to have it readily available when one decides to use the sink... do you have any switches close by that area? If you do, and they don't shut off the pump then I'd consider wanderers suggestions.
Old 08-18-2019, 10:14 AM   #5

Garage
Mine is a rocker switch on the face of the sink cabinet.
Old 08-18-2019, 11:01 AM   #6

Found it, thanks!

We were driving and I just got cellular service back and can reply now. Thanks so much everyone! The rocker switch was indeed way to the right on the wall past the sink. It wasn't labeled and there were some items on the counter so once I knew what I was looking for, very easy to find. We had several items under the couch where the pump is so we had thought maybe something triggered it under there. All set and on the road again! Thanks!
jjtbt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
e250, power off, switch, water pump