Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-07-2017, 05:05 PM   #41

Pete,

I would download the lifeline technical manual, you can find it on their site under knowledge center. Then I would look for a charger that lets you set their charger states or chose settings that match the values in the the lifeline document (absorption 14.3, float 13.3) @ 77°F.

Many chargers give you multiple battery type settings and you get to choose the one that most closely matches your battery. Some go a step farther, and allow you program in the values for these settings.

I would also recommend one with temperature compensation probe,

I don't have a stand alone charger as mine is charger/inverter model (Magnum Energy) .

I have heard that the Xantrex Truecharge 2 is a pretty good unit, but I have no usage myself. its AGM settings do match up well with lifeline.

Xantrex TRUEcharge2

40 Amp $339.00 40 Multiple Batteries, prioritize house, secondary battery charge

60 Amp $545.00 80 Multiple Batteries, prioritize house, secondary battery charge

Options

Remote Panel $79.00
Battery Temp Sensor $35.00

a cheaper alternative is

KISAE Abso

40 Amp $259.00 10 -40 A Multiple Batteries, prioritize house, secondary battery charge

60 Amp $329.00 10 -80 A Multiple Batteries, prioritize house, secondary battery charge

Options

Remote Panel $59.00
Battery Temp Sensor $16.95

Both of these are multiple battery chargers, meaning you could also hook up to starter if you wanted.

-greg

Scalf77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 09:36 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalf77 View Post
I would download the lifeline technical manual, you can find it on their site under knowledge center.
-greg
Having been in contact with the Lifeline rep, I think I'm just going to follow their recommendation, but I appreciate your assistance and valued advice!

Pete
pbansen is offline   Reply With Quote