Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Sportsmobile Forum > Sportsmobiles > Electrical and Electronics
Click Here to Login

Old 08-15-2021, 05:49 PM   #1

what's the name of the metal round silver thing? and how to reduce the sound? Alarm S

Hello,

1 What’s the name of the round silver metal part (that generate sound)?

2 I’ve tried to reduce the noise sound, by covering this part with scotch tape, foil, painters tape, rubber, cotton balls…. But it’s still super loud, I bought it to use on my fridge, the door occasionally doesn’t close all the way… I don’t need super loud alarm noise, I need it to be just small alarm noise… Is there any decent way to reduce the noise of this thing?

3 It seems whatever touches it (round silver metal part) amplifies the alarm sound…. But I still need to get it in the box and function properly, just need to reduce the sound… I already tried to glue gun the area on the box, it doesn’t help… I need directly to reduce the sound that comes out of this silver round metal thing, especially when it touches something/attached to anything/goes inside the box…

https://ibb.co/dmDXtXC
https://ibb.co/DKpN2vr
https://ibb.co/W3XcjBN

thanks a lot

samsimon2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 06:12 PM   #2

Can you be a little more vague?

Is it some sort of piezo buzzer? If so you can put a resistor in series to drop some volts....that should quiet it down........
2003 Honda Element
boywonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 06:21 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by boywonder View Post
Can you be a little more vague?

Is it some sort of piezo buzzer? If so you can put a resistor in series to drop some volts....that should quiet it down........
yeah, I think it's piezo buzzer... I'm noob and don't have electronic background.... is there "homemade" way to reduce the sound? by covering the piezo buzzer with something specific that would kill 90% of the alarm sound?
Old 08-15-2021, 06:23 PM   #4

Please help us help you by giving us a little more information. Did you buy some sort of buzzer to let you know that you left the fridge open?
2003 Honda Element
Old 08-15-2021, 06:34 PM   #5

Quote:
Please help us help you by giving us a little more information. Did you buy some sort of buzzer to let you know that you left the fridge open?
yes. do you see the links? there are images.... it's small alarm sensor...
I was not able to attached images here directly (there are no feature) so I provided IBB website links with 3 images...
Old 08-15-2021, 06:35 PM   #6

Quote:
here what I bought https://www.ebay.com/itm/30367618967...53.m2749.l2649
Old 08-15-2021, 07:27 PM   #7
Site Team

FWIW, when a brand new member asks a vague question, and includes links to "something", I will never click on those links. We even had a member report your original post as Spam. Just something to think about.

Herb
Old 08-15-2021, 08:13 PM   #8

I see it costs$2.48 on e-bay. Hit it hard with a hammer. Should fix the sound problem quickly and efficiently.
One_Eye_Wilber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 08:36 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoHauler View Post
FWIW, when a brand new member asks a vague question, and includes links to "something", I will never click on those links. We even had a member report your original post as Spam. Just something to think about.

Herb

Exactly.....I was avoiding those links like the plague.....or perhaps COVID....
2003 Honda Element
Old 08-15-2021, 09:15 PM   #10

Im at a loss for words here. Not to make you feel bad, but why would you create an account on a van forum to ask its members how to repair some random obscure electronic item you purchased on ebay?

Why not just throw it away and buy another one at $2.48? Its going to cost that much to repair the broken one anyway. Just a thought.
ScrapIron is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alarm, sensor, sound