Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-07-2013, 09:02 AM   #1

Where does that yellow wire go?

I am working on the StarCool in my 2005 E-350 SMB.
Thanks to the excellent manual, I have determined the problem to be a short to ground on the yellow wire from the StarCool relay panel to the solenoid valve under the hood.

The wire appears to leave the StarCool relay panel and enter the side panel on the passenger side under the rear seat (right next to the relay panel).

Under the hood, the other end comes up over the driver side (left) wheel well and then crosses to the solenoid mounted next to the electrical distribution box.

Solenoid is OK, but with the wire disconnect on both ends it shows zero ohms to ground. Maybe the squirrels have been at it. Problem is that I cannot seem to locate it under the driver's side, so I can't follow it back to the problem area.

Has anybody had a similar issue? I am hoping someone can tell me how it is routed back to the StarCool panel. Then maybe I can find the "bitter end" and fix it. Otherwise guess I will have to run a new one from point a to b.

Any help appreciated.

Stevedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:12 AM   #2
Site Team

Garage
Re: Where does that yellow wire go?

I'd E-mail Peter Deltoro at SMB west. I had that wire come loose, get caught in the fan and destroy my radiator. When I told SMB about it they knew right away what it was. SMB made the repairs.

Dave

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote