Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-30-2022, 08:20 AM   #1

1996 E350 1 ton ENG/OB SUPERTRAK suspension query!

Hi! I acquired an old TV broadcast E350, quigley factory built along with 3 other factory mods (that i know of). There are a ton of interesting customs here (it ran 6000w) but the main detail im wondering if anyone has some good info on: the suspension.
Yes, it has airbags as all SUPERTRAKS do…but the front end has something more.
Does anyone recognize this setup?
Attached Thumbnails
F47413B0-33CB-480A-BC60-0497A080EBB9.jpg   B61E8D98-0798-46BE-8986-6262E20D0A81.jpg   C4C5D396-EB98-4217-8385-E23820C3A21D.jpg  

Nashoba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 06:43 PM   #2
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
1996 E350 1 ton ENG/OB SUPERTRAK suspension query!

Looks to be the standard Quigley setup, with the old square torque arms. There was a service bulletin issued years ago on those arms, they were prone to developing hairline stress cracks, and if not addressed, led to full on cracks.
Quigley has round replacement ones that are much better or you can spec some to be built at a shop with adjustable joints or fixed longer units to be able to sneak the axle forward to fit larger tires without rubbing on the back of the fender wall.
Don’t think airbags were a standard issue item for Quigley, even the ones with the Supertrak plaque like mine. They were most likely installed by the previous owner to help the saggy rear with the added weight of all the equipment loaded in and on.
I would look into replacing those torque arms and get yourself the RIP kit from Agile offroad, huge improvement in ride quality, includes new front progressive coil springs and custom tuned Fox shocks all around.
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 08:04 AM   #3

Terrific response thank you for the info! Yes, KOLO8 news had the van custom built and added the bags…it seems there were four factory built mods. Two of them are no longer in business: BAF communications and MOBILTECH. designs. It had a 6000w generator with a direct fuel line to the vehicles gas tank, which was removed by the man i got it from. He also bypassed the two other batteries it had, so the wiring is not an easy task, ive had some difficulty finding any diagrams for the vehicles system and although thats the only downside its one that i wont be able to overcome as a solo project.
Nashoba is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
articulated suspension, e350 1 ton, supertrak, supervan