Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-16-2007, 02:44 PM   #1

5.8L Chip

Does anyone know of a programable chip that is compatible with a 94 V8 5.8L E350? Haven't found one yet. Thanks, C

4:10 detroit locker
6 inch lift,
man. pop top
Trojans, nerf bars, Tire rack
Yakima surf racks,
Very Very cool looking van
curtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 02:47 PM   #2

Chip.. A lift and New 4:10..And a new Rear locker for my 95

Just a FYI.....I found a great chip for my V8 5.8L SMB Van to beef up the power. "Jet performance module" made a decent one that gives the option for any octane fuel, but recomends a higher grade for optimum performance. There definately was a nice little boost of pick-up and power and smoother shift points in the tranny after install. It wasn't the easiest to find the insertion area for the chip., But the the customer service staff was friendly enough to help me locate the exact location for the application. Today I also am having my rear diff; gone through with a rear locker installed (since I chose to stay two wheel drive) and have the 4:10 rings installed from the 3:54 (stock)put in as well. Since I am staying with the All terr rad BFG's at 31" ....265/75/16..... I'm told that the power increase and possible fuel savings will be pretty decent. To be completely realistic for me, the 4 wheel drive would be nice, but the $10,000 to install it, plus the added 1000 lbs of weight to lug it around was not really practical given the 95% road driving I do. I've researched the locker for the rear end and feel that it will handle a decent amount of light snow and ice conditions as well when I head up to the Sierras this winter. The measely 2" lift that was on my van was week. I'm lifting it up to a 4" lift so my front tires wont rub, and having the stupid 2" lift blocks pulles and having the rear leaf springs re- bent and beefed up. There are some really talented people in Santee, California who know exactly how to do this correctly. After this is accomplished, its time to slow down, and tinker myself on the small stuff. So thats it. These recomendations came from a few good folks on this sight and I'm stoked for the advice. It was helpful. You guys keep safe, and hope throw a "hang Loose" 2 U down the road!
4:10 detroit locker
6 inch lift,
man. pop top
Trojans, nerf bars, Tire rack
Yakima surf racks,
Very Very cool looking van
curtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 11:32 PM   #3

Chip.. A lift and New 4:10..And a new Rear locker for my 95

Did you notice a mileage increase or decrease with the lower gears? Logic would sat a lower MPG due to the higher revs but since you chipped it at the same time, it might have gone the other way.

Also, what locker did you install?
aluminum radiator, X-Monitor with pyro, trans temp, boost
+ Scan Gauge & SCT Live Wire (Economy)
JoeyNick is offline   Reply With Quote