Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-08-2014, 06:38 PM   #21

Re: Another Noober... Questions on Design

Error

soaringhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 11:39 AM   #22

I don't know if you're still taking suggestions but that open space may be where your potti ends up. I have 52 year old bowels and could not see pulling out the potti every hour or two ( more with beer ) and shoving it back in. In camp or in nature you don't necessarily need it but in other places you might need it more often. I took my wife to the beach above Ventura California and there were only a couple rental toilets for several thousand people. We got there at 6am and left at 9pm. That's a lot of scootin in and out. I guess you could leave it in the aisle but that defeats the pass through reasoning.
stanw909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 02:17 PM   #23

BTT - Hey GrumpyBadger, any updates? How did your van turn out? I really enjoyed following your thread and the subsequent build.
Old 09-08-2014, 11:06 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by lndshark
BTT - Hey GrumpyBadger, any updates? How did your van turn out? I really enjoyed following your thread and the subsequent build.
Good timing - thanks for asking... Almost done (as in... build done TOMORROW)!!!!

Take a look at my gallery... I pestered Jonathan out at SMB West to keep sending me pics of the build in progress. The floor plan changed a titch from that first go, but not much. I lengthened the counter space on the passenger side and bumped the fridge cabinet to the back on that side (got rid of the open space). Oh... and whilst out at SMB west, I changed from a steel blue van to silver.

Been a long, rather agonizing time since February when I first made contact with them and more or less decided to "pull the trigger".

2014 Ford RB
SMB 4x4
GrumpyBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 05:39 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBadger
Quote:
Originally Posted by lndshark
Good timing - thanks for asking... Almost done (as in... build done TOMORROW)!!!!

Take a look at my gallery... I pestered Jonathan out at SMB West to keep sending me pics of the build in progress. The floor plan changed a titch from that first go, but not much. I lengthened the counter space on the passenger side and bumped the fridge cabinet to the back on that side (got rid of the open space). Oh... and whilst out at SMB west, I changed from a steel blue van to silver.

Been a long, rather agonizing time since February when I first made contact with them and more or less decided to "pull the trigger".

Sweet! I really like your build and had noticed your van changed into silver

We are still trying to decide on floor plans and I appreciate you sharing your thoughts on the walk-through design. While we are at the point of likely building-out a used van (or going with the cut-a-way chassis) the actual layout is the part where we just can't decide what is best.

Can't wait to see the finished product. It looks great from the pics already but please post more!
Old 12-18-2014, 11:50 AM   #26

Great thread!

Any chance of an update, grumpybadger? Likes/dislikes with your layout after using it a while?
InigoMontoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 08:56 PM   #27

two weeks ago I had sportsmobile west redo my top.had perfect match, red to match van. they had to remove my sky box lights and solar. I also got all new hardware. came out perfect. 1500$ very pleased. c ya! I almost forgot to tell u what is was, raptor line custom paint.
berns378 is offline   Reply With Quote