Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-14-2016, 08:28 AM   #11

Garage
Love the renderings and think it looks great, I can't wait to see it finished.

The only thought is that the pictures above put the Tranist a lot taller than I think it is with a 4x4 conversion. I'm not sure how Quigley does it, but all of the Quadvan ones I have seen have still been a little shorter.

Either way I think your gonna love it.

Google Sled Hockey - You won't be disappointed.
Jsweezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 08:46 AM   #12

Looks awesome! Can't wait to see more of the real thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 10:19 AM   #13

Garage
Looks like a very well thougt out build. Looks great too.

Did you do your own renderings?
allenl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 12:47 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco66 View Post
I ordered a 2016 Ford Transit in the fall of 2015. It was converted to a Quigley 4X4 with 2 inch lift in November 2015 and then Ford Rail System lost it for 3 months as it was supposed to travel to Austin Texas for the SMB conversion. It is finally getting that conversion (Texas Sportsmobile has had some recent production problems further delaying the finished product) and I have had an artist rendering of what mine will look like when I am done. What you see here is a proposed custom grill and wheel flares as I have not found anyone who does these after market. This shows a Fiamma awning and Aluminess bumpers.

I have previously posted under the name Transit4X42016. I would be interested in feed back from the group on what ya'll think of it so far. My main disappointment besides the horrendous delays so far is that Sportsmobile has been reluctant to put in a Truma Combi propane system. I comfort myself with the thought that the Truma Combi is rare in the US and maintenance might be a challenge.
Have you confirmed if you can even obtain a Truma Combi system? It looks like a great option, but my google skills haven't found a place to buy one in the US yet.
WAMTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 05:47 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAMTB View Post
Have you confirmed if you can even obtain a Truma Combi system? It looks like a great option, but my google skills haven't found a place to buy one in the US yet.
Yes, but the Truma Combi is only available as a factory installed or OEM upfitter installed system, not as a stand-alone user installed part.

But the good news is the Combi is rapidly becoming standard for North American Class B vans with propane. Winnebago began installing Combi's in the Travato model and now includes them in all Class B vans (Paseo, Era, Travato) except one special version of the Era that uses a similar Alde hydronic system.

And now that Erwin Hymer group from Europe has purchased RoadTrek they are beginning the switch to Truma Combi for propane units, and Alde diesel for the Ecotrek Sprinters.

With Sportsmobile's twelve month backlog and running flat out to keep up it's understandable they can't yet take time to install and train personnel on the Combi. But the good news is by the time they catch up the Combi will be common in Class B vans and repair service widely available if needed.

Winnebago owners have been reporting great success with the Combi. It's quite, small, and very efficient for both propane and electrical consumption.
PeteM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 05:53 PM   #16

BTW, I asked Sportsmobile Texas about getting Truma Combi heating back when it was first introduced in 2014. At that time they said it could be handled as a custom option similar to an Isotherm refrigerator custom order. But that was before they got totally swamped with the huge backlog...
PeteM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 02:01 PM   #17

bump bump!
can we get some pics of this thing please?
I really want to see how this turned out!
chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 05:16 PM   #18

And there it is... the first good looking Ford Transit!
Taylor3633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 11:13 AM   #19

found these pic from the Ford Transit USA forum.

low tops are much better looking IMO...

chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 11:18 AM   #20

Agreed. i dig it. Amazing what a bumper and some wheels can do. If the OP is still out there, we'd love to hear back from you about how its going!
Quigley with Agile RIP, 6.0 PSD
WhitH is offline   Reply With Quote