Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-08-2014, 04:55 PM   #71

Garage
Re: Introduction and Beginning our Adventure

Hello.
Great looking rig.
I have installed a Roadmaster Active Suspension system in the rear. Check it out, lifts the rear and controls sway and axel hop.

2008 Yellow Ford E350 6.0 diesel eb50 4x4, Front E Locker, Asheville Eng Rebuil 20th @ 261miles, ARP Studds, 200amp Alternator, Performance Aluminium Radiator, OnBoardAir, RoadmasterActiveSuspension, Front & Rear Aluminess with Spare Tire Carrier, Aluminess Roof Rack, Titan Aft 30gallon Fuel Tank.
Sheriffdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 06:44 PM   #72
Site Team

Garage

Danh, I even had rear droop after my Deaver springs were installed. Deaver sent me a couple more leafs and I had them installed here in town. Before Deaver added their springs, SMB did add an extra leaf to the original pack to level it out but it made the back jump when driving over something like a speed bump...but those were the 2006 springs. I'm told the new packs SMB is using these days are a bit milder. I also have had air bags on both spring packs and have not noticed any big added bounce-back from them but the bags need to be able to handle the axle drop. Ujoint might be able to give you some advise on the correct kit.
BTW, I went to several shops and most wanted 300+ for labor. I took it to a shop that works on heavy equipment and they charged me 120 bucks. Deaver shipped me the springs for no charge . Don't know if SMB would do it for no charge but a phone call is cheap.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 10:42 PM   #73

It's an optical illusion. Your rear wheel arch is lower than the front. If you focus on the middle horizontal body line in relation to the ground it's not that bad of a sag. Air bags would be a quick fix for when you have extra weight back there tho.
Ocsmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 04:15 AM   #74

Location: Rancho Nuevo (Cabo/Todos Santos) B.C.S. and San Diego, CA

Measure the distance to the ground from the pinch weld at the bottom of the body, about 4" behind the front tire and 4" in front of the rear tire - or put a level on it.

AgileOffRoad.com
BajaSportsmobile is offline   Reply With Quote