Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-26-2020, 05:14 PM   #1

Looking for MOUNTS that combine reclining sienna seats & swivel mounts in E-series.

Found a pair of reclining seats out a 2020 Sienna. I would like to use those as my driver and passenger seats in my E-350.

Currently using swivel mounts from Ray, 1der, and I want to keep and mount the sienna seats.

I am aware this has been posted somewhere before and would like updated information.

Vendors to have updated what they do and don't sale; Expovan no longer makes them and Ujoint only makes them as rear seat mounts.

ravensix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 01:33 PM   #2

AFAIK -- there is no aftermarket support for swivels for the Sienna seats currently.

I'm working on swivels for my van currently -- but they aren't going to be MG/Expovan quality and, frankly, it doesn't seem like a very lucrative market to enter given that both Expo and UJoint have left that world.

Once I'm done -- I'll gladly share my solution and could build you a set if they look good to you.

I reckon it will be difficult to use the 1der mounts with Sienna seats... the mounting of the seat is different enough that the platform on the 1der/sportsmobile swivels isn't exactly height/angle adjustable.
winnievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 01:46 PM   #3

I have 3rd row Sienna seats as well. Not the fancy pants reclining ones tho. I'm working on a swivel too.

A unit bearing from a front wheel works well as a swivel bearing.
225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 05:58 PM   #4

Contact Weldtec. They have made some seat brackets for someone else and since hes a fab shop, he can make pretty much anything you want.
Old 11-04-2020, 06:21 PM   #5

You will not enjoy Sienna seats on a fixed base, swivel or not if you are shorter than 6 feet tall.
Chinook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 08:32 PM   #6

What do you mean by this? That you'll be up way too tall with the standard height base?
winnievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 10:10 AM   #7

Sitting on the sienna seats once installed feels completely different than a stock seat. If you build yourself a fixed base (meaning no height or tilt adjustment) the odds of you manufacturing a base that puts the seat at the exact sweet spot for your own body is slim and none. So you may finish your install and it seems ok, but then after a week you realize it needs to be tilted forward more or lowered a quarter inch ect..... but you cant make adjustments because you have a fixed base with no adjustment short of perhaps sticking some washers between the seat and the slider to tilt the seat forward or back.

Then if you manage to find that sweet spot just right for your body, if anyone else drives your rig the odds of them fitting the seat the same as you are slim.
Not trying to discourage you, just thought i would mention it.

As far as standard E350 seat risers go, they are way to tall for sienna seats and you have to keep in mind that theres an airbag module and wiring under the drivers seat that you must clear as well. Im sure you have looked at the sienna seat post on expedition portal forum?

I searched for some prefabbed seat bases for my rig for a couple weeks. But then i realized they arent adjustable at all and what feels ok monday on the way to work may not feel ok friday on an extended 3 hour drive to go fishing. That said i opted to use 6 way electric bases under the seats instead of a fixed base.
Chinook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 06:50 PM   #8

I think the true solution is to sell these brand new Sienna seats and own the decision that my rear-end deserves comfortable seats...like the Vario XXL by ScheelMann. The Vario XXL fully reclines, tho they do not have leg rests like the Sienna seats...can't win all the wants.

I hope there is still interest in the Sienna seats with MG/Expovan made bases out there, wish me luck on the sale. (if you are in the Portland area look me up before the Sienna seats get posted for sale in the classifieds.)
ravensix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 04:18 AM   #9

I bought a set of second row Honda Odyssey, conversion van take-outs, new modern seats that are very comfortable. I'm a fairly advanced level home fabricator, so I modified the bases to accept the Honda seats, myself.

For the driver's side, I cut the Ford factory base, fabricated new pieces to accommodate the wider Honda seat adjuster track width, and thicker base, welded them together, and bolted the Honda seat in like a factory would, using the Honda tracks.

For the passenger side, I modified one of Ray's swivel bases to accept an Odyssey seat as well. Again, design, cut, drill, weld, grind, paint to match. After I had a design, I think I spent 5hrs per side doing the actual fab and finish work. 10hrs later, I now have seats that are safe, secure, and comfortable. I can spend 10hr in the driver's seat, the passenger side swivels around while camping. A huge improvement over the aftermarket, crush velvet, once plush (now worn out) conversion van seats they replaced.

Very few DIYers should tackle a project like this, the seat mounts are equally as important as the seat belts, in an accident. I used to do auto upholstery as a hobby business, and have seen some dangerously unacceptable botch jobs.

My advice is this; If you can find a bolt in solution for less that $2k, you are money ahead to just do that. If you have your heart set on Sienna seats, which are damed comfortable, there's always a way, but it turns into a project.