Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-11-2009, 10:25 PM   #21

Re: Planning started on a Disabled Explorers SMB

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfgeek33
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisabledExplorers
How about the side awning? I am thinking of using the body mounts for the side awning that secure the legs to the body instead of stakes & guy lines.
I have read the threads on the actual mounting of the awning to the vehicle, so I think I will have Aluminess install it on the roof rack.
Great Idea! Unfortunately we could not mount ours on our rack due to extra weight when the Penthouse is being raised.

Not to mention the fact that you could not reach the awning when the top is up!! ou should go with Eki's brackets, I just put mine on and they are great.

Santa Barbara Ca
Jammyauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 05:06 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by winvest
I don't have any problems clearing the 4x4 shifters with my Ricon power seat, as it will actually lift the seat high enough to clear them, or move back far enough to clear them. Either way, once the seat is lifted or moved back and turned the shifters are not an issue.
that is really good info as I was just talking with Atlas today about having threaded shift levers or a remote cable lever setup.
But if using the Rincon power/swivel transfer seat means not having to worry about them it is a huge bonus ( is that the base referenced in a pic in this thread?)

Keep the info coming as the build will be starting soon.
Looking at the Braun Vangator wheelchair lift out the side doors.

What are the thoughts on having raised height opening side doors? With the Voyager fixed top already in the plan I could just have Norcal Mobility do the raised top/raised doors to have more space to letting in wheelchair users from the side.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:06 AM   #23

My seat looks like the one in the pictures, so it must be the same. I do have to duck down to enter the van from the lift, but I think a raised door would interfere with the upper bed since it rests on rails along the top of the side doors. But SMB might be able to work around this.

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less traveled by. And that has made all the difference." - Robert Frost
winvest is offline   Reply With Quote