Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-07-2018, 06:17 PM   #21
Site Team

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onefin View Post
DaveB

VV and I apparently had very similar, very negative experiences with SMBW.
I do believe that I always said the I felt I got a “bad one” and it was random and isolated, yet still my frustrations were real and very valid.

It would be insane to assume that either VV or myself went through the time, money, and emotional expenditures just to have something to complain about.
I don’t think you are saying that; just like I don’t think you are questioning the valididity of VVs claims by saying “ I understand you may have got a lemon in your opinion... I don't know”

The problem is I wasn't there so I don't really have a clue what went down. I'm not saying it did/didn't happen or even speculate how bad or good the install is. I'd be upset as well if I felt like I was being taken for a ride. These aren't cheap vehicles. BUT stay within the forum guidelines and that goes for all members. At a minimum, the shots at each other has to stop or more threads will be locked or edited like this one.

• Our rules extend to all sections of the website including private messaging.
  • Personal attacks on others will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully. Excessive sarcasm, belligerence, insults, profanity, anger, offensive comments about race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, and national origin, are not acceptable.
  • Do not post libelous remarks or directly misleading information.
  • Stay on topic by keeping discussions relevant and on track.
  • Participants may not post or bump threads to pad post counts. Bumping is posting useless information, posting one-liners or any other action to deliberately keep a thread hot.
  • Do not post the same discussion more than once or in more than one forum.
  • Posts containing rude, explicit, obscene or vulgar language or abbreviations, images or links to websites with adult content/images or punctuation marks designed to "trick" our obscenity filter may be removed.
  • Be mindful of yourself and others. This forum is not a democracy; it is privately owned and we make the rules. If rules are violated we retain the right at our discretion to remove, edit or delete posts and if necessary ban or remove members. Any abuse toward our staff may result in immediate suspension of your account.
  • Public discussion about moderation or moderator decisions is not allowed. If a moderator deletes or edits one of your posts and you disagree with the action, contact the moderator concerned. Do not repost deleted material.
  • NO SPAM! Our user base is not a resource to be "mined" by individuals, groups, or businesses, for profit or not for profit. Participants may not post affiliate links or links to direct others to their own commercial website or website in which they have a commercial interest.
  • Trolling and cyberstalking are NOT allowed and are grounds for account restriction or banishment. Trolling on this board includes posting controversial and often irrelevant or off-topic messages with the intention of (or anticipated result of) baiting other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal, harmonious on-topic discussion, especially when a pattern of such posting is apparent.
  • Discussions about politics, religion and weaponry are likely to be closed or removed if they turn into flame fests.
  • We take the "be nice" rule VERY seriously!

Customer Disputes
This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to solely vent frustrations about services, products, vendors, or sales. Please settle your differences with the seller, provider, manufacturer, or dealer through other means but not through our community.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 07:23 PM   #22
Gone Traveling

I hope your build ends up to be 100% everything you expected and everything you ever wanted. And I hope you rack hundreds of thousands of miles on it while traveling and enjoying this gorgeous country of ours. Truly.
VocalVirgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 07:41 PM   #23
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolorun View Post
I am sorry you have had such challenges and I wish you luck in your resolution. I was only interested in questions I may have forgotten to ask. I am optimistically hopefully my build will be wonderful, knowing there are always unexpected challenges that come up. Best of luck.
I hope your builders everything you expected and more. And I hope you spend hundreds of thousands of miles in the van traveling are gorgeous country and camping in the most beautiful places. Truly. I want that for all of us. Fingers crossed, and congratulations!

PS, I thought I posted this to you somewhere else or here, I can’t be sure… So I’m sorry if this is a carbon copy that I posted somewhere else… I just wanted to make sure you got it. :-)
VocalVirgo is offline   Reply With Quote