Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2009, 02:50 AM   #1

12V Microwave: New!

http://www.cnet.com/8301-13553_1-10275296-32.html

I am assuming that buried inside this microwave is a small inverter; my understanding of microwaves is that the horn requires AC to function by nature of the beast. Anyway, this may finally be the microwave for those of us that don't want to add a $$$$ inverter just to get one. Plus, I kinda like that it would be removable. MOST of the time I don't want one, but sometimes I do. This could be the answer. Assuming it actually works of course, which has not yet been determined.....

Amsoil
kzemach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 08:22 AM   #2

Re: 12V Microwave: New!

It works. I posted my review in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2268
Stumpalump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 09:10 AM   #3

Aha! I missed that. Thanks, I think from your review I'll buy one. Plus, your source has them in better colors. Just have to mod some space for it; have some ideas there.
Amsoil
kzemach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 11:18 AM   #4

Like I said it's as tuff as a plastic tackle or tool box so having the ability to shove it anyplace out of the way may be best. I wasted a shelf on mine but as I redo things I'll shove it in any hole I can find. Toss the cords in the bag that comes with it then put the bag inside it. Just pull it out when you need it. It cooks a lot slower than a full size home unit so for me the stove still comes out more often than the microwave gets used. The stove also saves my battery or saves me from running the generator so consider all that before you deside that you actually need a microwave. If you do then it's a cool gadget thats small, durable and worth the extra money it costs over a typicall small unit.
Stumpalump is offline   Reply With Quote