Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-11-2014, 06:38 PM   #11

Re: A different portable loo...

I'm sorry, but $68? (on sale for less at overstock, to be fair). For a toilet lid?

It's basically a fussier version of this: http://www.amazon.com/StanSport-271-Sta ... oilet+seat
for a lot more money. And if, heaven forfend, there's a leak or spill in the wag bag and that would be a drag to clean. It seem to be the same idea, just hidden under a bunch of fabric.

I've used the Stansport ones or generic versions. A nice thing is that you can use them outside over a latrine. We've left one over a broken pit toilet in a campground once. And of course they work well with wag bags, which are SO much better than tank type toilets (I mean the portable ones, not the built-ins). We've also used this seat over rocket boxes, which are very handy for storing the wag bags, and the toilet seat usually fits inside. Be overkill for SMB camping, however, but useful on raft trips.

Old 04-11-2014, 06:44 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by photographix
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBadger
As for the night time #1... an old Nalgene wide mouth bottle (clearly labeled) serves as a decent beer removal and containment vessel in the middle of the night.
Oh, quit your bragging!
Thanks. Work sucks today and I needed a laugh. That was classic. I must agree though. I tend to drink a lot when I camp, and I HATE crawling out of my loft in the middle of the night. My wife, who is typically not overly modest, has seen me pee in about a million cups, because, hey, I'm a truck driver and when ya gotta go............. Anyway, I mentioned this bottle in the penthouse idea to her and she looked at me like I was crazy. "Where ya gonna store it?" she said. Well, babe, I'm probably going to store it in the same cabinet as the cups and the rest of those kinds of things, many of which I've probably peed in at one point or another. OK, I didn't say that, but did think it!

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 08:45 PM   #13
Site Team

Garage

Ok that biffybag is genius and the visual in head has me cracking up but it makes total sense.

Most the time the Copilot is Now Sophie dog the noise maker.

2000 7.3 PS Quigley/RB30 with a 6 window poptop.
Gooseberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 06:46 PM   #14

I guess y'all are too young to know about chamberpots. Pre-Nalgene, they were. Here's one for a mere $200 from the estate of Red Skelton. Be quite a conversation starter (stopper?) if you were to whip it out at the next Expedition Portal shindig. Very handsome.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-AUSTRIAN-C ... 54077d1bb2
Old 04-12-2014, 10:41 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoHauler
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBadger
... I just stumbled across these while searching for options (can't recall... it may have been someone else on this forum mentioned it... or maybe at Expedition Portal): http://www.biffybag.com/

All kinds of fun!
OMG, those are hillarious. Make sure none of your friends have cameras around.

Herb

Yikes, $3 per use! Pretty funny, though.
chromisdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 07:50 PM   #16

The Nalgene 1 qt bottle is considered the 11th essential for night time calls when one did not want to get out of the tent, according to an article in Backpack mag some time ago.
It does not leak if tipped.

Of course, we backpacking women, also, considered the "Freshette" by "Santi-fem" funnel to be the 11th essential.

Angel
2006 Chalet LTW 15ft. Folding Travel Trailer 14 in. tires
Angel is offline   Reply With Quote