Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-16-2021, 06:13 PM   #11

This is the site showing the compressor kit. I called them up and asked for more details on what all was included with the kit and the person I was talking to said everything in the photo should be included. However ... looking at the part number I'm really suspicious if this is too good to be true and they're actually selling the single compressor. And if that's the case, I'll be PO'd and return it. we'll see what arrives in the mail, will probably be in January sometime.

https://www.suspensionconnection.com...rk-ranger.html

Old 12-16-2021, 06:22 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Anderson View Post
This is the site showing the compressor kit. I called them up and asked for more details on what all was included with the kit and the person I was talking to said everything in the photo should be included. However ... looking at the part number I'm really suspicious if this is too good to be true and they're actually selling the single compressor. And if that's the case, I'll be PO'd and return it. we'll see what arrives in the mail, will probably be in January sometime.

Picture is for the dual, but the part number and specs are for the single. You will be getting the single is my prediction. Sorry.
rescuejg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 06:38 PM   #13
Site Team

The dual looks a lot like a clone of the ARB dual compressor.

Herb
Old 12-17-2021, 07:26 AM   #14

I have never been able to justify the cost of an ARB compressor. Sure, they are the go to, but this like winches are something that won't see daily use from me. I do want it to be reliable which is why I have always changed lanes to specs and value over the pretty ARB's.

So, this is why every OBA system I've done has wound up with a Viair. Recently I discovered some of the air-horn manufacturers are selling the exact same one (Viair 400 series) cheaper online, Amazon specifically. I just got a 100% duty cycle, 23 amp, 2 cfm and only about $150.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 07:38 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty View Post
I have never been able to justify the cost of an ARB compressor. Sure, they are the go to, but this like winches are something that won't see daily use from me. I do want it to be reliable which is why I have always changed lanes to specs and value over the pretty ARB's.

So, this is why every OBA system I've done has wound up with a Viair. Recently I discovered some of the air-horn manufacturers are selling the exact same one (Viair 400 series) cheaper online, Amazon specifically. I just got a 100% duty cycle, 23 amp, 2 cfm and only about $150.
Can you post a link?
BCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 09:49 AM   #16

air compressor recommendations

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty View Post

It’s funny you mentioned the air horn units. I just saw a “Kleinn” compressor for a good price and was going to post and ask about it because I’ve e never heard of the brand.

I also have the portable Smittybilt unit and it’s definitely solidly made and works well. I got it new in box at an estate sale for $40! But it takes up a lot of room in the van and I’d rather one I can mount out of the way someplace, preferably with a tank.
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 11:36 AM   #17

I got the ARB Twin for me 35's and Air Locker.

More expensive than what you want to spend, but seeing the current lead times and availabilities just keep the following thought in mind:
How likely is it that you're upgrading to 35's or install an air locker?

I initially thought about the single ARB, but eventually moved over to the twin as it saves me ~10-12min during inflating. 35's are just MUCH bigger in terms of air volume...
Both would have offered to power my air locker, which a regular "in the truck option" would not allow.

No 35's? No air locker? A simpler solution is surely possible
E-350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 01:06 PM   #18

Garage
Quote:

This is the single compressor (CKMA12) with a mount for the Ranger. $451 is the going price for these on the interweb. It's hard to find a screamin' deal on ARBs, I think they regulate their dealers' prices fair strictly.

2016 4wd 144" Sportsmobile Sprinter
2019 Chevy Colorado ZR2
2002 lifted & armored WRX wagon (sold)
velo47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 03:32 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by velo47 View Post
This is the single compressor (CKMA12) with a mount for the Ranger. $451 is the going price for these on the interweb. It's hard to find a screamin' deal on ARBs, I think they regulate their dealers' prices fair strictly.

Womp Womp!

Yeah I just called up and cancelled that. They're also shipping from ARB which will likely take 2 months at this point.

I'll keep looking around. For just filling up tires I don't need a tank with the compressor right?
Old 12-17-2021, 09:34 PM   #20

Quote:
Womp Womp!

Yeah I just called up and cancelled that. They're also shipping from ARB which will likely take 2 months at this point.

I'll keep looking around. For just filling up tires I don't need a tank with the compressor right?
The ARB guy at Overland Expo East told me I didn’t need a tank unless I wanted to run tools, so no for just filling tires.
2019 Yeti SB130 Turq Race X01
Steve Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote