Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-20-2019, 12:06 PM   #21
DHM

Transit Passenger Sub Floor

The Transit van has heater vents in the floor, has anyone rebuilt the rear floor in their van and what did you do? Can the vents be re-routed or moved to avoid cabinetry or hold downs? Is there any insulation in the floor?

DHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 12:32 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoHauler View Post
and you probably haven't had to use one since. Murphy's Law.Herb
How did you know?
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 12:33 PM   #23
DHM

Rear Boxes on Bumper, Load and durability?

I would like to locate some of my "utilities" outside the van to save space. Has anyone installed electric water heaters, pressure pumps, and filters inside storage boxes and run connections back inside the van?

My experience is with steel Ruenel Bumpers and aluminum seems like a problem given the loads, leverage and vibration.
Old 10-20-2019, 12:39 PM   #24
DHM

Took a look under the seats, turned on the heater fan and yes they are there working as designed by Ford. Problem is I want install cabinetry and need a solid surface to bolt hold downs and the floor feels like it is floating over voids. Have you taken the floor apart?
What else is hiding under the carpet?
Old 10-20-2019, 12:48 PM   #25
DHM

Electric Demand Water Heaters, experiences?

Has anyone installed electric on-demand water heaters in their rigs?

Were they 12v or 120v run from an inverter? I question the recovery speed of these systems and if they keep up with water flow assume faucets are low flow but acceptable for camping.

What make/model are workable or best? What should I avoid?
Old 10-20-2019, 01:02 PM   #26

All steel construction. Pivot pins (hinges) welded through to base of tubing. Swing down combination ladder tire caddy for easy lifting of tire. Streamlined to have minimal overhang for departure angles. Very happy with the outcome of it now going on 5 years with no issues!
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN0646.jpg   2014-08-14 18.28.01.jpg   2014-06-30 20.58.52.jpg   2014-06-30 20.59.25.jpg   2014-12-31 08.08.06.jpg  

Vanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 01:06 PM   #27

Not to mention the shipping charge, Powderbum! At least they are taking care of it!
Vanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 05:12 PM   #28

I am really disappointed with the quality and customer service of Aluminess. I have the rear tire rack on my 2012 van,. It arrived late, there was zero communication from Aluminess on the ship date, etc. When it arrived, it was damaged. The shipping package was a joke. I contacted Aluminess and they told me the damage was acceptable. Nobody would see it. Are you kidding me? The tire rack rattles etc. Horrible noise. I also have the Aluminess front brush guard on my van. Long story short. Aluminess S*cks. No more money from me,.
Tracker926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 05:34 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHM View Post
Has anyone installed electric on-demand water heaters in their rigs?

Were they 12v or 120v run from an inverter? I question the recovery speed of these systems and if they keep up with water flow assume faucets are low flow but acceptable for camping.

What make/model are workable or best? What should I avoid?

Your posting OT in a thread about Aluminess.

Just a suggestion but you'll get more answers to your questions if you post your own thread or use the search function for something similar and add to it.
JoeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 05:45 PM   #30

Boywonder. Could you please elaborate on the delrin products you used and maybe how to duplicate your fix. My box arm has been getting looser and looser. To the point now that when i roll over in bed I can hear it squeak. I am going to be driving to Guatemala in November and really need to come up with a fix for this. Thanks so much for the knowledge.
darkstar66 is offline   Reply With Quote