Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2009, 03:53 PM   #1
NRL

Send a message via Yahoo to NRL
ATT Satellite CruiseCast is here..

Wonder if anyone has tried out or checked out the AT&T Satellite Cruisecast?
Looks like it's a bit cheaper then the alternative mobile Satellite TV, I think it's like $1250.00 and $28.00 per month for the service.

Here is a pic of the Antenna (Thank God it's not a giant dome):

Warn12kWinch,FFloater,LSlip,Pwtrx Locker 4.10 305x70x16 ToyoMTs,Eagle Alloys,Stove,4CF Ppane Fridge, Air CompTank,Supersprings, Bilstein Shocks,Deavers,CastIron Diff Case, Bullet Proof ReBuilt Transmission, Tubulator DeRale Trans Pan Cover, SSExhaust, KyoceraSolar, Tripplite UPS, 8D AGM, TivoHD, 24in HDLED
95 FJ80 ARB/Kaymar/Emu
2005 AMG CL65 691hp 875tq
NRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 04:22 PM   #2

Garage
Re: ATT Satellite CruiseCast is here..

For internet, maybe.

I'd never watch TV in my SMB. That's what I'm getting away from!
Old 05-02-2009, 09:11 PM   #3

With Hulu your screwed either way.
Old 05-04-2009, 11:46 AM   #4
Site Team

Garage

It's so new they have very poor programming. Basically they are appealing to children. There was not one channel I watch at home as a rule. Hopefully they will expand soon. Also unless you're living in the LA area (speaking of California only), there are no dealers. The closest dealer to Nor-Cal is Bakersfield. It does seem promising though.
Dave

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 12:19 PM   #5
NRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveb
It's so new they have very poor programming. Basically they are appealing to children. There was not one channel I watch at home as a rule. Hopefully they will expand soon. Also unless you're living in the LA area (speaking of California only), there are no dealers. The closest dealer to Nor-Cal is Bakersfield. It does seem promising though.
Dave
It's an option. Just wanted to let some SMB folks know it's there.. along with the other Satellite TV options.

As for me, I probably won't go with it but it's good to know that the Satellite antennas are getting smaller. I have a home built DIY solution with HDTV Satellite DVR with 1 Terabyte for content.. so if I'm at a camp site for awhile and want to know what's going on in the news, weather, or a must watch Formula 1, then I can hook up the dish.

Granted when I'm camping we're all trying to get away from it but it sure calms the kids down sometimes if you have their Shows, in my case DVD's and HD DVR.
I agree the content is not as good as DirecTV content but it's actually not that bad especially for kids: http://www.cruisecast.com/

It'll be a while till "mobile" HD Satellite will be out cheap. I don't think it exists.

By the way, if you are interested, Al & Ed's Audio in LA and Orange are official dealers/installers.
Warn12kWinch,FFloater,LSlip,Pwtrx Locker 4.10 305x70x16 ToyoMTs,Eagle Alloys,Stove,4CF Ppane Fridge, Air CompTank,Supersprings, Bilstein Shocks,Deavers,CastIron Diff Case, Bullet Proof ReBuilt Transmission, Tubulator DeRale Trans Pan Cover, SSExhaust, KyoceraSolar, Tripplite UPS, 8D AGM, TivoHD, 24in HDLED
95 FJ80 ARB/Kaymar/Emu
Old 05-04-2009, 12:38 PM   #6
NRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by jage
With Hulu your screwed either way.
I like HULU, great way to catch up on your shows if you didn't TIVO/DVR it.
I need to find a way to cache it's content! Like a DVR!
So when I don't have internet connectivity..in the SMB, it's cached on the SMB mobile computer.
95 FJ80 ARB/Kaymar/Emu
Old 05-05-2009, 12:57 PM   #7
Site Team

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRL

It's an option. Just wanted to let some SMB folks know it's there.. along with the other Satellite TV options.
Oh, I agree totally. I'm waiting with much anticipation and will watch this service closely. Mobility is not the issue for me, rather the size of the dish, cost, and programming. I think they are going about it right by marketing to kids first. Most people want a method to keep peace in the vehicle. I hope they target RV's soon. That seems the next logical step but they will have to expand to more adult programming mainly sports, primetime of the big 3, and movie channels such as TCM, AMC and FX. Personally I would like to see Fox news, the History Ch and NGC added to the list but to be able to watch a NFL game would be priceless. I understand some people like to get away from standard life but sometimes being somewhere other than home with a few luxuries can be nice.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 03:20 PM   #8

Garage

Fox News!!! You're kidding, right?!?!?
Old 05-05-2009, 07:21 PM   #9

Send a message via AIM to Greg In Austin Send a message via Yahoo to Greg In Austin

Daveb,

....all those channels are currently available in McBeast...with his DirecTV and KVH antenna...

...BUT we catch more college games than NFL...
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (15 to 18 mpg) [Johnnie]
2012 Mitsubishi MiEV (no gas required) ($.50/day in electricity) [Evie]
https://badge.facebook.com/badge/1232...3.32047100.png
Greg In Austin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 08:54 PM   #10

According to Fox News, Fox News is fair and balanced, and since Fox News is fair and balanced, you should believe them when they say, "Fox News. Fair and Balanced™".

You do believe don't you?