Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-05-2020, 07:47 PM   #21

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack K View Post
but the list never seems to get any shorter!
...and it never will. Folks here are level 10 at figuring out how to spend everyone’s money. Lucky for me we don’t have any, lol. Worked for a few years though.

"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 06:24 AM   #22
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Well, I see that I've been doing it all wrong, with a 4 foot cheater pipe and half inch socket wrench. Call it sweat equity. Got a couple of Milwaukee power tools - circular saw, 1/2 inch drill, reciprocating saw - every one outstanding in quality. Looks like one more to add now. Damn.
I carry 3/4" drive tools which include a 30" reversible ratchet, sliding tee-handle, 6" extension and 7/8" deep well impact socket---they'll soon be transferred to another van while the Milwaukee stays in the main van.

I don't need or use a cheater bar on the 3/4" drive tools as they're really not needed. I've never been comfortable or all that trusting with 1/2" drive hand tools for tire work. Even though I have some of the best USA tools available investing in the 3/4" drive stuff was a sound move I believe. I don't want a tool to fail if I'm over-extending its true capacity or rating.

Cordless impact wise though its a tough call as the 3/8" drive will do the job but just not as easily as the 1/2" version. Having used both during practice I'm much more comfortable the big brother is the best choice.

Quote:
Hell, I've been buying what everyone else rants about here, but the list never seems to get any shorter!
We get that----and no it doesn't shrink in any aspect. There was a time members here thought I was a stealth POR-15 representative because I was so impressed and touted its use frequently. There's not been a lot of opportunities lately to recommend but its still in my back pocket just in case.
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 07:08 AM   #23

One more for Bat Power

I have a 3/4 drive 20v DeWalt and it has all but replaced my Chicago pneumatic in my garage , I also have an 18v DeWalt (at least 10yo) it was junk from day one, Buy quality (what ever brand) & you'll never look back