Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2020, 01:43 PM   #1

Garage
Best air impact wrench

Any recommendations on the best air impact wrench to carry in my van to work with my ARB single compressor with a 5 gallon reservoir?

Belize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 09:23 AM   #2
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belize View Post
Any recommendations on the best air impact wrench to carry in my van to work with my ARB single compressor with a 5 gallon reservoir?
Yes---a Milwaukee 18 volt cordless! I have two of these now, one is 3/8" drive and the other the monster 1/2" version---wowzers! Our worst case scenario's are flat tire changes (using our H1 jacks and AOR adapters of course) so the 3/8" version will do the job for the most part BUT its big brother does all 8 lugs without breaking a sweat.

Its NOT a small tool but given its capabilities its something well worth considering.

I bought the 12 volt vehicle charger so can charge both my M12 and M18 batteries.

The more powerful cordless tools these days rival any air impact and they don't require a compressor or reservoir tank. Battery life is simply insane, mine often sitting for a month or three without losing too much charge, still enough left to remove all 8 lug nuts.

I'd recommend either the 2754-20 (tool only) in 3/8" drive as it will do the job but going with the bigger version 2767-20 (tool only) covers every base tire-changing wise.

Not exactly what you asked but worth considering none the less.

HTH
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 10:03 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWA View Post
Yes---a Milwaukee 18 volt cordless! I have two of these now, one is 3/8" drive and the other the monster 1/2" version---wowzers! Our worst case scenario's are flat tire changes (using our H1 jacks and AOR adapters of course) so the 3/8" version will do the job for the most part BUT its big brother does all 8 lugs without breaking a sweat.

Its NOT a small tool but given its capabilities its something well worth considering.

I bought the 12 volt vehicle charger so can charge both my M12 and M18 batteries.

The more powerful cordless tools these days rival any air impact and they don't require a compressor or reservoir tank. Battery life is simply insane, mine often sitting for a month or three without losing too much charge, still enough left to remove all 8 lug nuts.

I'd recommend either the 2754-20 (tool only) in 3/8" drive as it will do the job but going with the bigger version 2767-20 (tool only) covers every base tire-changing wise.

Not exactly what you asked but worth considering none the less.

HTH

I second the Milwaukee 18volt impact guns! I use them every day and they are amazing! no hose to trip over, fast charging batteries, impressive torque.
mgmetalworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 10:51 AM   #4

I have the big Milwaukee 18v impact as well. Its been a great tool to have for rotating tires. Haven't had to use it on the road yet but I always make sure to bring it when I go on any trip.

Gotta look into the 12v charger JWA mentions above.
Old 09-30-2020, 12:36 PM   #5

I guess pneumatic tools are becoming old school but I can't seem to kill my Harbor Freight Earthquake one. In fact, I have had great luck with several air tools I've bought from there. I cannot say the same about power tools or about air hoses/fittings etc.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 03:48 PM   #6

Garage
3rd on the Milwaukee 18v’s. Those things are tough as hell.

We broke loose a crank bolt on a motor at a salvage yard with a 3/8’s drive that I’ve had to use 1” pneumatic guns to break loose in the past, and that was with the stupid special tool normally needed. I thought for sure we would have to rig up something to keep the motor from spinning but that thing broke it loose without having to even mess with it at all. I’ve been sold from that day on.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 04:32 PM   #7

4th on the Milwaukee 18v. I used their drill to bore 28 1.5" holes through pressure-treated 4x4's last week. The motor got hot, but otherwise no drama. It made my DeWalt feel like a toy.
SteelheadJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 05:06 PM   #8
Site Team

Stop making me want to spend more money!
Old 09-30-2020, 05:24 PM   #9

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoHauler View Post
psh, that’s the thing this forum does more than anything else. poke the beehive to spend frivolously.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 05:36 AM   #10
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoHauler View Post
Oh c'mon now---you know us better than that right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenrie View Post
psh, that’s the thing this forum does more than anything else. poke the beehive to spend frivolously.
So far I've drunk the Kool-Aid of the Hummer jack and AOR Adapter--even convinced a friend whose not a member here---neither of us have any regrets for those purchases, nothing a bit frivolous about that acquisition. Long story short we're here to help one another, passing along a good idea is part of that.

For the Milwaukee vehicle charger here's a link but presently they're out of stock----a seller I'd highly recommend: https://www.cpomilwaukee.com/on/dema...0&lang=default

HTH
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote