Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-20-2020, 09:53 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhally View Post
We just got a Buckstop rear bumper with swingout installed at their Prineville, OR shop. I added an Aluminess box at home.

The bumper is very heavy steel. The latch is "slam shut", no fooling around necessary. The workmanship and powder coating are top quality. The swingout is fully supported by the bumper and appears to be very strong, with 2" bronze bushings. I did have to do a bit of shimming to mount the box but is is solid now.
This looks good, dhally! What finish did you order on that Buckstop set up?

Unfortunately I have been TRYING to order a rear bumper from them for 2 weeks now with zero response (couple of phone messages + an email). I had spoken with Clinton there twice last month so Im bummed about the lack of response now because of all the research I put into my decision to buy Buckstop.
Not taking it personal but c'mon... I am looking elsewhere now

Old 07-20-2020, 01:59 PM   #22

Garage
U Joint has a new rear bumper that looks pretty nice. Might want to check out they are alot closer also
snowgroomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 02:33 PM   #23

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie O View Post
Otter is that a OneUp bike tray on there?
What are the metal products you have added on there with your OEM bumper?
Annie, I have a Wilco Hitchswing inserted in my hitch and an Aluminess tire carrier. I carry bikes on a standard hitch-fit rack (not shown in this picture) that goes into the Wilco.
Old 07-20-2020, 08:06 PM   #24

Garage
I got the black finish. I got ok response from emails and phone. It did seem their inside sales person changed halfway through.
Old 07-20-2020, 09:34 PM   #25

Quote:
I got the black finish. I got ok response from emails and phone. It did seem their inside sales person changed halfway through.
Thanks, well I got connected today and placed an order but I did wonder how long their insides sales contact had been with company. Now I have even more questions, partly since his references began to flip between Buckstop and Reunal. I will call again in morning. Unfortunately I heard 4 or 5 ‘reasons’ why my messages had not been returned. Then when I got confirmation email the ship date had been moved out to 6 weeks! It’s a sizeable purchase so I need to feel more confident than I currently do about what I will actually receive.
Annie O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 12:07 AM   #26

Garage
Quote:
Thanks, well I got connected today and placed an order but I did wonder how long their insides sales contact had been with company. Now I have even more questions, partly since his references began to flip between Buckstop and Reunal. I will call again in morning. Unfortunately I heard 4 or 5 ‘reasons’ why my messages had not been returned. Then when I got confirmation email the ship date had been moved out to 6 weeks! It’s a sizeable purchase so I need to feel more confident than I currently do about what I will actually receive.
I was a bit concerned about 100% down pmt, but Im only 5 hours away from their shop. I will say their shop is quite legit. Every truck in the parking lot had a bumper too.
Old 07-21-2020, 12:59 AM   #27

Quote:
. Now I have even more questions, partly since his references began to flip between Buckstop and Reunal. .
If you are getting swingouts, they are only available on the Reunell style bumper. I’m not sure why they don’t just drop that name and use Buckstop branding all around. But they do the same thing with Trail Ready as well so they must have their reasons.

Office persons are still supposed to be minimizing onsite work due to Covid so sales are likely working from home most of the time, even though manufacturing is generally business as usual for the most part, but physical distancing requirements can slow some processes. And a bigger issues can be upstream supply chain issues.
Old 07-21-2020, 07:05 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
Annie, I have a Wilco Hitchswing inserted in my hitch and an Aluminess tire carrier. I carry bikes on a standard hitch-fit rack (not shown in this picture) that goes into the Wilco.
Thanks Kath- I have bumper fatique right now from seeing too many photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgroomer View Post
U Joint has a new rear bumper that looks pretty nice. Might want to check out they are alot closer also
quick glance looked like UJOR offering an Aluminess package for rear bumper

Quote:
I was a bit concerned about 100% down pmt, but Im only 5 hours away from their shop. I will say their shop is quite legit. Every truck in the parking lot had a bumper too.
Well I ordered 50% up front so all is well. Looks like excellent work so confident about that and I'm glad to hear all the trucks have bumpers!
Old 07-21-2020, 07:14 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by carringb View Post
If you are getting swingouts, they are only available on the Reunell style bumper. I’m not sure why they don’t just drop that name and use Buckstop branding all around. But they do the same thing with Trail Ready as well so they must have their reasons.

Office persons are still supposed to be minimizing onsite work due to Covid so sales are likely working from home most of the time, even though manufacturing is generally business as usual for the most part, but physical distancing requirements can slow some processes. And a bigger issues can be upstream supply chain issues.
YES 2 swing outs so thanks for explaining that relationship to me. The rep did contradict himself several times, but my previous conversations with Clinton were rock solid. Seems that Buckstop has only slight departures from Reunel, but I noticed recent shift in their websites and pricing so I cant complain.

Yes businesses are sure scrambling everywhere so I'm grateful to be able to purchase my first choices. One plant i ordered bath remodel materials from in February has barely started back up due to labor issues (my delivery was on time!). When I awarded engineering contracts during a major fuel spike it wrecked everyone's budgets. It was delicate negotiating around fuel surcharges on specialty field service contracts at that time. So I totally get the issues and respect the businesses swimming through this all
Old 07-25-2020, 01:06 PM   #30

Quote:
This looks good, dhally! What finish did you order on that Buckstop set up?

Unfortunately I have been TRYING to order a rear bumper from them for 2 weeks now with zero response (couple of phone messages + an email). I had spoken with Clinton there twice last month so Im bummed about the lack of response now because of all the research I put into my decision to buy Buckstop.
Not taking it personal but c'mon... I am looking elsewhere now
Seems most van businesses right now are simply bombarded with inquiries/orders (thus delays in replies), supply chain issues causing long delays, etc--covid19 has not helped whatsoever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgroomer View Post
While their front bumper has some aesthetic appeal, the new rear doesn't appear to match the E's rear body lines at all IMHO; the bottom of the rear body panel is sticking out/under the edge of the bumper corner. Might be too much focus on improving departure angle but forgetting about cohesive design aesthetic.

As an alternative to Buckstop, MG/ExpoVans just adapted a rear dual swingout bumper to his flagship E-Series Cummins, and even though this bumper wasn't built for a Ford, IMHO it definitely looks to fit up against the body panels impeccably as if it was designed specifically for the E-Series!

https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/fo...tml#post274484
2010 E350 RB V10 Cargo "unicorn" (SOLD)
2007 E350 4x4 "VANdiana Jones"(SOLD)
mk216v is offline   Reply With Quote