Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-12-2016, 04:49 PM   #11

We used the Ultimate Campground, Canada version, for our trip through Alberta and BC last September. It was quite accurate.

larrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 12:53 PM   #12

Ultimate Campground Guide - US version update

For anyone who hasn't tried the US version of the Ultimate Campground application recently, the iOS version has been greatly improved over the last 18 months. The biggest improvements I've noticed are:
  • iPhone and iPad iOS application was rewritten and runs much faster, with the initial database map load occurring within seconds.
  • Dispersed campsites can now be selectively filtered on/off. Since each individual dispersed site often has its own GIS coordinates these would 'flood' the map view and obscure the developed campgrounds. There is now a broad range of filters that can be adjusted to see exactly what you want.
  • Detailed PDF maps for many National Parks can be added to the primary mapping layer, allowing simultaneous viewing of campground data overlaid with detailed trail and parks info.
I've also found the app developers to be very responsive to feature requests and campsite information updates. Just enter comments/requests in the About/Support section and they generally fix or enhance the app within a month or two. Very impressive.
PeteM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 05:15 PM   #13

Boondocking app

I now have a free boondocking app for iOS that you might like: Boondocking
Old 02-13-2018, 08:52 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylekai View Post
And I thought I had them all! Thanks for sharing. The developer is the same dude that did Ultimate Campgrounds, my usual go to.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 10:16 PM   #15

I have not looked at the boondocking app for about a year. It has come a long way in that time. Thanks for the reminder.
larrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 11:19 AM   #16

Thanks for the comment on the Ultimate US Public Campgrounds app, 86Scotty. I downloaded it and see that it will be very useful.
wish41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 06:46 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by wish41 View Post
Thanks for the comment on the Ultimate US Public Campgrounds app, 86Scotty. I downloaded it and see that it will be very useful.

They should include it in the Sportsmobile owner's manual. I love that app.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 07:46 PM   #18
ctb

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ctb
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylekai View Post
We have a Boondocking books/jpeg/PDF file, Frugalshunpiker (a nice couple that has been writing about free boondocking or cheap CG in the SW..Shunpiker is a term for those that Shun the turnpikes... for several states she/they have been updating from their orig. for a few years, and well worth the price (plus it is a homegrown business and worth supporting)even has a "30 Day itinerary " that totals around $80 for camping costs, Check it out if you haven't before, really detailed...GOOD STUFF ! I am sure there is probably a thread on here about it already...but anyway.. THANKS for the tip on the Canada CG app...Downloaded the 'package' for a $5 (I wonder if it was Canadian, and I wonder what exchange rate is currently...could have paid more or saved a bit, lol!) We have found that the state apps are HUGE advantages when you are not boondocking. We slid into some pretty great CG in Florida using their reservation site...We got into St. George Island for a couple nites and everyone we talked to (you know, peeps love to come ask about the SMB's eh) were surprised we made reservations only a day or two before...but all b/c of the site, checking it several times a day if your in a hot spot like that (Fla in spring break times) THANKS AGAIN for the tip!
ctb is offline   Reply With Quote