This is still in the 'learning project' stage.
Open front PH window and screen. Install optional cardboard protector:
Place window sill:
Set cheap Wal-mart air conditioner on sill:
UNFINISHED: place magnetic weather fly and foam insulation where needed.
Place partition over AC:
... and enjoy cool air.
* Tilt AC up and back to remove, to drain water
* Make all edges that get near PH fabric curved, sanded, and silky smooth. No pointy bits.
* Cheap - < $200 total investment, if it breaks, just stop at Wal Mart and get another one
* Effective, especially if you normally close off a 'cargo area' of your sporty like us that doesn't need cooling
* Quick install (< 2 minutes)
* Not permanent - take it when you need it, leave it home when you don't, no redneck look while driving awesomely badass sportsmobile around.
* A bit bulky, but not as bad as I thought it would be
* Only works with pop-top up