Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-21-2015, 12:45 PM   #1

DeLorme Gazeteer sale again

Half price on the gazeteers:

http://shop.delorme.com/OA_HTML/DELibeC ... tion=10115

2014 Ford RB
SMB 4x4
GrumpyBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 12:48 PM   #2

Re: DeLorme Gazeteer sale again

Is there a code to use or something? I clicked through the link and they are all showing at full price.
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 12:53 PM   #3
Site Team

The e-mail I received stated use: Priority Code 10115. I have no idea if that's a one-time code intended for me (I doubt it), but no matter what, I'm not going to be ordering anything so anyone is free to use it. Sale ends 1/23/15 (Friday).

Herb
Old 01-21-2015, 12:58 PM   #4

Hmph... I got the notice from someone on another forum... didn't notice the code. Not sure if it person specific.

Sorry for any confusion if it doesn't work - my link through did everything auto.

UPDATE: I just ordered a couple and it worked. The code must work for multiple folks (????)
2014 Ford RB
SMB 4x4
Old 01-21-2015, 01:18 PM   #5

Looks like when you add them to the cart it subtracts the discount. Cool, thanks!
Old 01-21-2015, 03:07 PM   #6

I was just about to order some new ones to replace ones I already have, but when looking at the copyright date see that many of these offerings haven't been updated in quite a while, with copyright dates of 2007 (Vermont), 2009 (Virginia), etc. Eight years old in the case of Vermont is a pretty long time without an update... many of the small roads that I rely on Delorme to guide me to can appear or disappear based on a variety of factors.

So, don't assume that these are newer than ones you already might be using without checking. I wonder if they are clearing stock to make way for new versions?
Old 01-21-2015, 03:24 PM   #7

Good point, Brian... in my case mine are ~20 years old anyway!

Good time to upgrade, I thought.

UPDATE: Apparently good service too... I ordered when I originally posted this afternoon and already got the notice they've shipped. Sweet!
2014 Ford RB
SMB 4x4
Old 01-21-2015, 05:02 PM   #8

I've heard of these but never used them. Are they really good?
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 06:07 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty
Yes, they are pretty good. They aren't to the detail of a good USGS topo map, but are way better than even the most detailed road map. They generally are tailored to outdoorspeople, and have elevations, parks, campgrounds, most dirt roads/Forest Service roads, etc. I find them very handy when looking for a dispersed campsite or similar, as they provide a nice cross between detail and overview (in other words, you can search a bigger area easily, but still have enough detail for seeing small things). I think they are very good for the type of traveling most of us do in our SMBs (even the lowly 2WD SMB owners like me :-)
Old 01-21-2015, 07:54 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianW
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty
Yes, they are pretty good. They aren't to the detail of a good USGS topo map, but are way better than even the most detailed road map. They generally are tailored to outdoorspeople, and have elevations, parks, campgrounds, most dirt roads/Forest Service roads, etc. I find them very handy when looking for a dispersed campsite or similar, as they provide a nice cross between detail and overview (in other words, you can search a bigger area easily, but still have enough detail for seeing small things). I think they are very good for the type of traveling most of us do in our SMBs (even the lowly 2WD SMB owners like me :-)

Wouldn't use them for a wilderness backpack (too bulky anyway), but I find them useful for planning trips and finding Forest Service roads to explore, freedom camp along, etc. They are a reasonable middle ground between a road atlas and a topo... and a bigger detail view than you can get with a GPS (at least compared to my devices, anyway).

Pop into a book store or outdoor store and look at one (they should have one for your state).
2014 Ford RB
SMB 4x4