Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-13-2018, 06:15 PM   #51

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainBikeRoamer View Post
FYI, reviews on Amazon for those cheaper rubber tracgrabbers are kind of middling. Seems a fair number of people report breaking them. (At least one picture of torn rubber traction pad.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
I read through the first six pages of reviews and they were overwhelmingly positive. Most bad reviews were because owners were buried in sand, and these devices do not excel in sand. One owner was wise enough to suggest that you crawl out slowly and not try to accelerate too fast. That sensible. And too muchh torque at once will lend to breaking under undue force. Of course, every user and situation is unique and online reviews are an easy portal for all blabbermouths. I don't expect miracles but common sense and lot's of experience in 'getting out' will help in using these properly. Seems a good addition to the MaxTrax, Treds, winch, highlift with wheel lifter and shovels that I usually carry. Even some mud can be a challenge. And the manufacturer is selling them for less than any ebay deal or seller I saw. $99 for 4 that will fit my 35" tires.
Hey Jeffrey, I didn't mean to come off harshly critical of those tracgrabbers (did I come off harshly critical?), but I did think it was worth pointing out the reviews that had been given for the tracgrabbers product, as part of the unbiased "pursuit of the best quality traction options" dialogue of this thread. Apologies if it was taken as any kind of slight! None intended.

That said ---
(and hopefully better clarifying my earlier observations) --

Hey Jeffrey I agree, cost is part of the equation with items like these for sure! But also equally important is consideration for envisioned personal usage scenarios, as you've mentioned. If someone thinks they're only likely to use these things once in a blue moon, then perhaps the more inexpensive tracgrabbers are the ticket. If they do break, so be it....if they got you un-stuck that one time it's all good!

For the extra money they cost, the aluminum Truck Claws do seem more robustly constructed/likely to stand up to repeated uses/abuse (hypothesis of course), but they definitely offer the unique functional advantage of accommodating an extender bar (which seems to be just the ticket for getting out of axle-deep sand!) which the tracgrabbers do not.

To each his own / YMMV as they say.

(By the way Jeffrey, I've been a big admirer of your rig (and your separate website and posted adventures/SMB info!) for a long time.)

MountainBikeRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 06:30 PM   #52

Garage
Mike, don't worry about a thing. Your comments were well taken and real. No problems. And thanks for viewing my photo website. I've been out lately in the SMB capturing more images and hope to post them soon.
Old 03-13-2018, 06:52 PM   #53

Thanks a ton for setting this up. It's a great deal.
Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 07:00 AM   #54

Thank you for arranging this discount. I just finished placing my order.
Retired In Motion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 07:40 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoxentrix View Post
They allowed 2 weeks to order with the discount below.

At least they finally made a decision...This is the offer they decided on:

Discount code is SPORTSMOBILE2018 for $30 off TruckClaws II and TruckClaws II with Extender Bar Kits. Code applies to as many units as they add to cart. Offer expires 3-27-2018 11:59pm Eastern.

https://truckclaws.com/

Regards,
Nick

I have no affiliation, just became a conduit for them to address the members on this Forum. $30 off isnt bad, IMO they certainly are a quality product
Good lookin out bud!
Zappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 12:32 PM   #56

Anybody buying two sets ? Or prefer to use in conjunction with traction boards?
Zappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 12:39 PM   #57

I got 2 sets plus 1 set of extenders. Probably overkill, but that's just me.
Jack K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 08:36 AM   #58
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack K View Post
I got 2 sets plus 1 set of extenders. Probably overkill, but that's just me.
If the time ever comes you wish you had two on-board you'll be proven 100% correct. FWIW I'd do exactly the same---can never be "too prepared" IMHO.
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 11:36 AM   #59

Check out these new products on www.SportsmobileStore.com

https://www.sportsmobilestore.com/tr...ersized-tires/

https://www.sportsmobilestore.com/maxtrax-mkii/
SportsmobileStore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 12:15 PM   #60

For anyone who was interested in truck claws, but missed the original discount promo...they've agreed to run a new promo for another 2 weeks. Details can be found here: http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...tml#post227634
Roccon99 is offline   Reply With Quote