Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-07-2018, 01:55 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadScience View Post
I'm curious how those would stack up against regular chains. Probably a bit better, but if I'm already carrying chains and a shovel, do they make sense?
Chains are for snow and ice NOT mud:d6

Beasty Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 03:35 PM   #32

Garage
I had sent them a reply the other day - basically letting them know this Forum may be a great avenue to gain exposure of their product. Also mentioned the "group buy" suggestion. They seem to be interested (see response below)

We are glad to hear that you are happy with your purchase. We feel that TruckClaws are one of those “must have” products needed in almost any vehicle, especially off-road vehicles that have a tendency to get hung up on occasion. To answer your question, yes we would be willing to offer a discount to your off-road enthusiast group. What is the name of your Off-Road community and approximately how many members are in the group?

I’ve copied Nick Yeager on this email as well to assist us in getting a discount code set up for you and your group. Please reply to all when responding to this email so that Nick and myself can both work on getting your group set up with a discount code that your members will be able to apply during the checkout process when making a purchase from our online store.

Thank you again for reaching out to us. We are looking forward to working with you, as well as the other members in your Off-Road community.

Best Regards,

Kevin Bibb
Operations Manager
Office: 844-362-5297 Ext. 711
Direct: 703-926-5181
kbibb@TruckClaws.com

www.TruckClaws.com

My response included the suggestion to register with this Forum (provided the link to this thread), but also offered to post the "coupon code" if they preferred....No idea what type of discount they may be willing to offer, but suspect we should get that in the next day or two.. stay tuned if your interested in a set!
Old 03-07-2018, 03:48 PM   #33

Garage
Subscribed.

A set of these would have been super helpful last weekend with 28" of snow in 24 hours.
Wanderlust Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 07:28 PM   #34
GAR

Are they made in the USA?

Gar
GAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 07:31 PM   #35

Great looking product!!

I spoke with the manufacturer today. Not sure this will work as a GBuy. Price per set for the Claws WITH extensions would be $149 plus bulk shipping to me, min quantity of 20 units. Then add the shipping out to each person and we are nearly at Amazon pricing.

Perhaps the discount code approach will be better!
Old 03-07-2018, 07:39 PM   #36

Garage
They appear to be sold on amazon for $20 less than truckclaws.com plus $13.95 for shipping. Couldn't find where they are made.
https://www.amazon.com/TruckClaws-II...truck+claws+ii
Old 03-07-2018, 08:04 PM   #37
GAR

This would be easy to fabricate yourself. I’ll see about making some this weekend and you all can let me know what ya think.

Think about it, buy a ratchet strap, fireup the TIG welder, and bingo, vanclaw-O-mite! I can probably score some scrap aluminum and make these cheap for forum members in the BayArea. Would not cost much to ship USPS in one of their flat rate shipping boxes either.

Im thinking $50-75 for a set of two (straps not included), maybe less if I can get good prices on scrap aluminum from the local metal shop I order steel from (maybe more if not). And they would be made in the USA by a veteran. Ha!

Apparently farmers have been doing something similar for 100 years.

More good ideas: https://youtu.be/chrLCKzAVVg

Gar
GAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 09:37 PM   #38

I think the truck claws are great as previously posted but check these things out,they look legit and you get friendly info from Aussie girl

Zappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 09:38 PM   #39

They don’t sell them in the us but apparently it’s an industrial product you can get on amazon (I think it’s similar?)and supply houses.

https://www.amazon.com/Fiberglass-St.../dp/B0069SK3J0
Zappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 07:06 PM   #40

Garage
Update: Even though these folks are really nice, they are a little slow to produce an "offer" for the group. I did get a response earlier today. Keep in mind the "TruckClaws II™ Emergency Tire Traction Aid W/ 10" Extender Bar Combo Kit" retails on their site for $174.95. Amazon has them at $139.99 + $24.99 for the extenders = $165 w/free shipping.
Here is the last communication:

I have to be careful I don't want any of our 200+ dealers to see me offering them too low but I would be willing to create a 7 day promo code for you at $30 dollars off either TC II or TC II extender bar kits. Orders on TruckClaws ship free in the USA so I can not go any lower than that. If the group buy is going well I can extend the life of the discount code. What is the name of the group so I can possibly name the code to reference it.

Regards,
Nick

This would bring the price down to $144.95 w/free shipping. I suggested identifying the Coupon using "Sportsmobile", and encouraged them to open the window to at least 2 weeks, but longer would be more advantageous for them...we'll see what they do.