Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2022, 01:07 AM   #21

some impressions after my first trip with the Fiamma awning and every kind of whether except snow.
- the Fiamma us much more easy to setup than the ARB. It makes daily life so much easier
- in about fife weeks I just used the Rafter only once to try it out. For me I saw no reason to use it. Because nearly every time I was using the Fiamma awning I used the Tie Down straps that spans the fabric and it does not flap in heavier wind. Even without the rafter. And if there where any possibility of rain I allways ever lowered one corner of the awning so still no need for the rafter.
- I combined the Fiamma Tie Down set with the one from Thule to get rid of the plastic brackets since Thule is much more solid and made of steel.
- on light rough roads the Fiamma tends to rattle. I found no way to to get rid of that. So I used a short lashing strap around the Fiamma housing to stop that. It works.
Attached Thumbnails
PXL_20220928_055914398.MP.jpg  

Old 09-28-2022, 09:37 AM   #22

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinli View Post
- on light rough roads the Fiamma tends to rattle. I found no way to to get rid of that. So I used a short lashing strap around the Fiamma housing to stop that. It works.
I hated the rattle as well, Did similar to resolve it but used 3 velcro straps to secure - takes no time to put on or take off (and a nice clean look). Can't remember what length they were, my Van is still in the shop getting work done so can't measure for you - just use a tape measure and add 4" or so.
https://kandbtruevalue.shoptruevalue...s-854059003594

Old 09-29-2022, 11:31 AM   #23

Yes, can confirm the rattling. I also use 2 velcro straps to secure it.

See Ray’s thread and the very end (post 143/144). I found specific spots as well as learned how far to push in the legs when storing them back in the case.

GROUP BUY - Fiamma Awnings F45s and F65s
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

(Hope the link works, if not you see the thread name)
E-350 is offline   Reply With Quote