Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-03-2011, 10:06 PM   #1
Site Team

Garage
Flash lights

I have several ultra stinger flashlights I use at work that are super bright but they only last so long and it take time to recharge em. I've seen ads on the torch light by wicked lasers but don't really know much about those only they probably have similar charge times. A company just down the road from me offers a flashlight that recharges in 90 seconds. Expensive, but not much more that the stinger and a 90 second recharge seems like it would fit an SMB rather well. Anybody actually use one of these?

http://www.tacticalgear4less.com/511-ta ... 7QodlSo1rQ

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 10:09 PM   #2
Site Team

Re: Flash lights

Don't have that flashlight, but have a Pelican 7060 LED flashlight. Nowhere near that kind of recharge speed, but it will temporarily blind someone if that's what you're going for.

Herb
Old 04-03-2011, 10:30 PM   #3
Site Team

Garage

My stingers are super bright but I like the idea of a quick charge light. I sparred off with a cop at an accident scene who carried a Mag-lite and there was no comparison…I kicked his butt. It’s nice to have a bright "spot light like" flashlight but it does me no good when I gotta wait to have it charge. I also don’t like relying on standard batteries either. Maybe I’ll just go up there and have them demo it. That’s a pretty steep price but if they have a good life expectancy I might get me one.

Old 04-04-2011, 05:18 AM   #4
Site Team

The Pelican I have comes with a cradle, and I believe you (can) get a 12V charger as well. It's supposedly the light designed in collaboration with the LAPD.

Herb
Old 04-04-2011, 08:06 AM   #5
Site Team

Garage

I do believe A ranger frien has these in her patol truck and loves them. They run a couple hours and charge quick.

When she gets another group purchase she is adding one for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveb
I have several ultra stinger flashlights I use at work that are super bright but they only last so long and it take time to recharge em. I've seen ads on the torch light by wicked lasers but don't really know much about those only they probably have similar charge times. A company just down the road from me offers a flashlight that recharges in 90 seconds. Expensive, but not much more that the stinger and a 90 second recharge seems like it would fit an SMB rather well. Anybody actually use one of these?

http://www.tacticalgear4less.com/511-ta ... 7QodlSo1rQ

Most the time the Copilot is Now Sophie dog the noise maker.

2000 7.3 PS Quigley/RB30 with a 6 window poptop.
Gooseberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:34 AM   #6

C'mon Dave,

I only have about a dozen different flashlights and then you have to go and tempt me with a flashlight/charger combo that only costs $200.

Mike
2012 E250 Hitop camper
Ford_6L_E350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 02:01 PM   #7
Site Team

Garage

Yep but with one of those you'll never have to worry about a dead light. I just want to make sure that it has a good beam. Every time I pull out one of my high end flahlights it's dead. I love my little LED lights but they don't have the long range capability. Besides Mike, it's only money!

Old 04-04-2011, 02:03 PM   #8

I am happy with the surefire - it is bright and has two brightness levels....but you have to carry extra lithium batteries. The quick charge would be a nice feature.
Old 04-04-2011, 02:29 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveb
Besides Mike, it's only money!
And if you don't spend it, what good is it?

Mike
2012 E250 Hitop camper
Ford_6L_E350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 07:07 AM   #10

I really like Streamlight brand. I assume that is the Stinger you are talking about? I have 2 of the Strion Led series by them and love them. 3 levels of light plus the siezure inducing flash mode, and a car charger, house charger etc. The first one I used was not rechargable and really sucked the batteries. the rechargeables are great but you need 2 because they die without warning.

http://www.streamlight.com/product/product.aspx?pid=154

A friend of mine picked up an HID flashlight from them a while back. It used a 55 watt xenon Lamp and HiD ballast, huge rechargeable battery. Not something you would carry in a camper, but really fun to play around with. When switched on, you can hear a high frequency ZIIIIIIIIIIIIING, and can see particles of pollen in the night sky. We took it to the park to run the dogs at night and it was too much light to find the tennis ball in the grass- just overexposed everything in short range, but you could see clearly at long ranges. This is the closest thing I could find on their website but its not the same. http://www.streamlight.com/product/class.aspx?cid=25
teeots is offline   Reply With Quote