Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-09-2016, 09:19 AM   #11

I recently bought all the needed parts to install the cruise control and installed it.
It's Very Easy, just ask me if you need assistance.

And had three other E350s...
Bbasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 10:52 AM   #12

I used this kit: 2003-2004 OEM Ford Econoline Diesel Van Cruise Control Kit

It uses Ford parts and is a quality kit with step by step instructions. I did the install in about 2 hours and it went smoothly. I needed a new steering wheel anyway so I figured why not add cruise control while i'm at it.

In regards to the fender vents, I did this a few years ago to my 04 SMB that I sold. There's a topic on it here: http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...-mod-5017.html

I simply traced the vent onto the fender and let her rip with an angle grinder...which is scary as hell on a $60k van.
saline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 10:57 AM   #13

That is a little expensive...
I was able to get all the parts for under $70, and a NOS steering wheel too, the rest I got from the pull a part.
And had three other E350s...
Bbasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 11:10 AM   #14

You are correct, it is a bit spendy. I attempted the pick a part places but options where I live are very limited. I'd have to go to SLC or Denver.
Old 04-09-2016, 06:20 PM   #15

Welcome back to the van realm. Love those mirrors, our 06 has them and I wish our 94 had them too. Our 06 has the fender vents and they seem totally worthless. I added hood vents that help a little…hopefully you have better results than I did (our 06 has the 6.0). Glad to see your back on the site…have read several of your trip reports and write-ups. I've been meaning to paint/rhinoline the pop-top on our 06 and would love to pick your brain about that sometime. We have a second van (94) that we're just starting to build out so looks like we're at similar stages with those projects. Hit me up if you're ever out in Glenwood…always psyched to get build ideas and have plenty of questions about that, as well as, some of the remote spots you took your last van.
2000 7.3 Custom floorplan SMB Quigley 4X4 (SOLD)
nateGWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 09:26 AM   #16
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by saline View Post
I used this kit: 2003-2004 OEM Ford Econoline Diesel Van Cruise Control Kit

It uses Ford parts and is a quality kit with step by step instructions. I did the install in about 2 hours and it went smoothly. I needed a new steering wheel anyway so I figured why not add cruise control while i'm at it.
Actually that's a very fair price. Availability is always one of my top concerns, price almost never the deciding factor. $400 for all new parts including the steering wheel is great!
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 10:34 AM   #17
MSD

Garage
Since my 2wd 7.3 is just sitting I may pull the steering wheel and cruise from my from this rig and just do the swap. Just need to figure out everything that I need to swap. Especially since I'm probably gonna sell it soon… anyone have links or a thread that covers this??

Saline I ended up ordering those vents off of ebay, so excited to install them later in the week. One thing I notice in the difference from my 97 7.3 and my 2004 6.0 is you can achieve more air flow with my 7.3 since there is less stuff in the way around the side panels. Maybe that's why nateGWS didn't see much difference in engine temps with his 6.0??
1997 E350 7.3l 2wd - Sold
MSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 08:40 PM   #18

Nice! Good score on the vents. There is more room in the 7.3 engine bay. It's also easier to take a hole saw to add more flow to the vents.
Old 05-21-2016, 05:18 AM   #19

Rob.

I have a 2000 E350 PSD. I'm in the early stages of a full conversation. I'm looking for the list of parts that I would need to add cruise control. Could you share your experience with me? I have several "pick and pull" outfits near me in Portland, OR. I just need to get a shopping list for the project.

Thanks,
Andy
bahiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 08:47 PM   #20

Hi, I’m in Colorado as well. Do you know of any places that can help with some “fairly” small conversions? Swivels seat on passenger side for one.
I’s also like a bit of “ recline” as well, if that’s even possible. Would also like to widen my gaucho into a permanent bed, and am trying to figure out how to do that with lighter weight materials than currently used.
I’ve found a 6” thick 3-way fold up mattress in memory foam that should help, because it’s easy to fold back. But the support part underneath also needs to be light and easy to lift. I’ve considered having that in at least two parts. Also considered a very low camp cot, but think it may be too narrow.
Since I want to widen this ( from wall to outer edge) to at least 31”....I think it’s about 25” now without the back board pieces installed. I’d love the
bottom box to be a bit larger too, so I csn fit one more battery for off-grid camping.
Here’s the big problem though. Somehow the top will need to be extended out several inches ( I think),
which means I will need some kind of L-shaped surround on the outer edges so the mattress doesn’t
slip out, and something fairly solid ( but very light) to keep the foam from squashing through the cracks!
Any ideas or thoughts on this? Can you think of any
where to go in Colorado ( Canon City, Colorado Springs etc) that may be able to help me?
Thanks,
ConnieKat
ConnieKat is offline   Reply With Quote