Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2018, 06:42 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by deserteagle56 View Post
The wench is who you marry, the one who will get out of your stuck rig and pull the winch cable out and wrap it around some solid object so you can winch yourself out!

.... The husband had this woman well trained...she walked my winch cable out through the mud and hooked it to his receiver hitch and I pulled the truck back onto dry land. The guy never got out of his cab!
Didn’t get out of his truck??? wow what a winner! I hope he had more endearing qualities than getting his truck stuck and training his wife where to hook the cable (otherwise, if it was me I’da been tempted to keep on walking just sayin!
But Thanks deserteagle I was so glad when you got the winch/wench semantics corrected

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcypress View Post
I explained to my wife the more Aluminess we have the sexier she looks. She said in that case she wanted lots of it
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcypress View Post
Doesn’t she look great next to the van?
YES this may work but but pmcypress, why post pic of huge bull next to van and not wife??? Mens can be so confusing ��
��

I see one other conundrum,

and that is that in the OP, Los Angeles mentions he’s hoping to convince wife to buy a 2018/19 Sprinter. Ummm me thinks John, �� ‘wouldn’t a new sprinter be a whole lot more of a sell than a super cool and oh-so-practical bumper? ��

How about a 2016/17 Sprinter and TWO ALUMINESS BUMPERS? �� blink-blink

Old 09-03-2018, 07:11 AM   #22
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Oh wow---I knew it only a matter of short time before that quoted reply would be caught by one of our astute and observant wimmen folk here---bring in Glider and we're out-numbered guys!

Our chauvinism is showing.............

But OTOH I also noticed the large bull so prominent in the photo--didn't want to bring it up.

JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 09:05 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by deserteagle56 View Post
...she walked my winch cable out through the mud and hooked it to his receiver hitch and I pulled the truck back onto dry land...

That woman probably has a father like me, that guy is lucky to have her in his life... My 28yr old just helped me change a transaxle at the racetrack. We worked 'til 1am Sunday, finished the job in the AM after rounding up a few missing parts. She's been like that since age 11
Old 09-03-2018, 09:31 AM   #24

Good skills for women to have for sure! I’d just think a guy could get out of his truck to shake the hand of the man who towed him out. Haha I may be looking at it all wrong.
Thoroughly enjoying this thread!
Old 09-03-2018, 12:12 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie O View Post
.....I see one other conundrum,

and that is that in the OP, Los Angeles mentions he’s hoping to convince wife to buy a 2018/19 Sprinter. Ummm me thinks John, �� ‘wouldn’t a new sprinter be a whole lot more of a sell than a super cool and oh-so-practical bumper? ��

How about a 2016/17 Sprinter and TWO ALUMINESS BUMPERS? �� blink-blink
Heya - Transit. Not Sprinter. Big cost savings right there.
LosAngeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 09:10 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie O View Post
Good skills for women to have for sure! I’d just think a guy could get out of his truck to shake the hand of the man who towed him out. Haha I may be looking at it all wrong.
Thoroughly enjoying this thread!
I truly believe he was just mortally embarrassed by the situation he found himself in. Wouldn't even look at me! Till this happened he no doubt thought that big Ford Powerstroke was invincible.
Old 09-04-2018, 04:53 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosAngeles View Post
Hi all

The title says it all - can you think of any reasoning to help me to convince my wife to get an Aluminess front bumper?

I’m hoping I can convince my wife for us to get a 2018 or 2019 Transit… then I think i would like to put an Aluminess front bumper on it - $2,250

(with brush guards, but without a winch)

https://www.aluminess.com/ford/trans...-winch-bumper/

…..for protecting the van if we accidentally hit a deer or similar.

Quite a few times we have seen deer by the side of the road, or running along the side of the road as we are driving at night… and it would only take one darting across the road to really mess up the van, and the deer. A pal totaled his car when he accidentally hit a deer that darted out. I recently saw a study that estimated that there are between one and*two*million collisions between vehicles and large animals in the United States every year.

p.s. I should have added... her resistance will be the cost, and also how it looks.

I would say that any collision with an animal is sure to cost a lot more than $2,250, and the bumper would greatly reduce the damage.

we also plan to 'build out' the interior, and if the vehicle got totalled from a deer ... yes we would have insurance, but it would be depreciated value likely, plus a big hassle to re-buy the van and re-build out the interior.

Thanks for any ideas.

John
John:
Check out BUCKSTOP @ 2734 High Desert Dr, Prineville, OR 97754

I have one of their front bumpers on my E-250 and love it.
jjtwister
Toyo AT 2's 285/R75-16's
1959 Chevy Apache Hot Rod
jjtwister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 04:58 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjtwister View Post
John:
Check out BUCKSTOP @ 2734 High Desert Dr, Prineville, OR 97754

I have one of their front bumpers on my E-250 and love it.
jjtwister
Thanks - glad you love yours.

Buckstop does not make bumpers for Transits.

They also get some pretty negative reviews on the internet - multiple people complaining about bad powdercoating, and lack of customer support, FWIIW

anyway - so I'm a bit confused... some people think that an Aluminess bumper with brush guard won't do anything if we hit a deer, and yet some people think it will.

Perhaps somehow both are true? In other words - it may or may not help if we hit a deer?

is it that the brush guard might somewhat prevent the deer from sliding up the hood and thru the windshield?

thanks for any and all thoughts.
LosAngeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 07:48 AM   #29

The problem with the whole logic approach is that guys always have a "very logical reason" for everything they want. It is like my father criticizing my mother for having too many bakeware items, even if she explained the need for the many different sizes, yet his piles of duplicate tools filling up the garage were all absolutely necessary. And he could logically explain the heck out of each one (even though I know tools and how much of it was bs).

Suuuure, the bumper is really for the multitudes of deer hiding behind bushes just waiting to bombard you, not because it makes you look like a total bada** and makes other guys drool.

I say, quid pro quo. Find something she really wants in the van (or elsewhere if need be) that is much more than you'd like to pay. Something you would normally scoff at (like my father at bakeware) but she sees the value in. Make a deal.
jpau00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 01:22 PM   #30

Wow I noticed all the new red antifreeze on the windshield and road, probably ruined the radiator too! Ha!
Vanimal is offline   Reply With Quote