Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-27-2018, 08:42 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosAngeles View Post
but what i am seeing makes me think that a Aluminess bumper actually would not do hardly anything..
You'd need to add the optional additional brush guards and, yea, it really will protect the front end. $100 extra.

TomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 04:17 AM   #12
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by LosAngeles View Post
LOL! awesome

best

ever.

Completely agree!

I'm not married myself but had similar thoughts and questions at first read of the OP.

From what I know about convincing people of something I want its best to lay out a series of carefully selected facts about the subject and let them conclude your idea is the only way to go. A few images of animal strike damage to vehicles could go a long, long way to making your case.

Hope this works out well, marital discord not part of the process.
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 10:17 AM   #13

Repair costs after deer collision top $3000 for passenger cars. See this article.
Most important advise: break, reduce speed, but keep the heavy van under control..... in general, keep it straight.... no swerving, unless you maintain control of the vehicle. Damage from hitting the animal is, on average, a fraction of the damage (and impact on human safety) that happens when you loose control of the vehicle. The primary reason for us to have an Aluminess bumper is to protect the engine from damage after hitting a large mammal. Got an optional removable bar in front of grill.
Marcel Huijser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 11:34 AM   #14

I’d rather try to convince you to get a pair of man bags, that would be a lot easier 🍺
Glamisyco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 01:13 PM   #15

Garage
G'day,
If you drive at night, eventually YOU WILL HIT DEER, it's just a question of when. Forget about the danage to the van, the damage to driver & passenger if deer come through windscreen could be colossal, your head, spine, shoulder, arms etc, maybe, end up in a wheelchair, as van rolls over from animal hit. You can't afford not to have Bull Bar, if you drive at night.
I have hit Kangaroo twice, and had severe vehicle frontal danage. I won't drive at night anymore without a bullbar, such as Aluminess.
An Aluminess Bull Bar, keeps the wight down and save on fuel, as a steel bar will weigh about 800-1,000 lbs.. Aluminess bar is fairly smooth and aerodynamic too.
So, you can't afford not to have Aluminess fron Bull Bar.
www.aluminess.com
Cheers Doug
2008 Yellow Ford E350 6.0 diesel eb50 4x4, Front E Locker, Asheville Eng Rebuil 20th @ 261miles, ARP Studds, 200amp Alternator, Performance Aluminium Radiator, OnBoardAir, RoadmasterActiveSuspension, Front & Rear Aluminess with Spare Tire Carrier, Aluminess Roof Rack, Titan Aft 30gallon Fuel Tank.
Sheriffdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 02:16 PM   #16

Hey,

I’ve been putting off a front alum bumper due to cost myself. But the reason I want one is for a wench, and Tow hooks. Wench saves you when you get stuck. And the tow hooks for when you break down.

Never thought of the deer/animal/zombie benefit. That’s also a good one too!

Also, makes your van look bad ass.

Chris
phlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 05:17 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlite View Post
Hey,

I’ve been putting off a front alum bumper due to cost myself. But the reason I want one is for a wench, and Tow hooks. Wench saves you when you get stuck. And the tow hooks for when you break down.

Never thought of the deer/animal/zombie benefit. That’s also a good one too!

Also, makes your van look bad ass.

Chris
The wench is who you marry, the one who will get out of your stuck rig and pull the winch cable out and wrap it around some solid object so you can winch yourself out!

Actually had that experience a few months ago. A lady came walking out of the desert and asked if I would help her get her husband unstuck. She got in the Jeep with me and we drove about a half mile out to where there was a brand spanking new F350 crew cab superduty sitting in the middle of a pool of water about 30 feet in diameter. Her husband tried driving across it (yes, there was a road but this section was under water at this time) but the superduty had highway tires that turned into slicks in the mud and the truck just stopped. The husband had this woman well trained...she walked my winch cable out through the mud and hooked it to his receiver hitch and I pulled the truck back onto dry land. The guy never got out of his cab!
Old 09-02-2018, 11:30 PM   #18

Purchasing Aluminess

I explained to my wife the more Aluminess we have the sexier she looks. She said in that case she wanted lots of it
Attached Thumbnails
73537817-BBF4-4890-8F29-34A54835D11C.jpg   FC51E324-79AE-4286-8BBD-B8912D5995F0.jpg  
pmcypress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 11:34 PM   #19

Doesn’t she look great next to the van?
pmcypress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 06:21 AM   #20

just found a few testimonials here

https://www.aluminess.com/testimonials/
LosAngeles is offline   Reply With Quote